old type vw beetle

johnl

Middle Lane Hogs
wanted: old type 60/70s volkswagon beetle,only has to be mechanically sound,shell doesnt matter as its been used to make a buggy :Dmust be cheap,any info appreciated :thumbsup:
cheers
John
086 0764347

have found 2 of them in mallow, a lhd and rhd both in pretty bad condition,they should do but the engines could be seized :icon_sad:

Best of luck with them.

Dave571 only sold one, a real old one only a few months back.
It had been layed up for ages and the bushes had taken it but it was reclaimed and with new plugs a jump and a drop of petrol it fired up no problem. You could be that lucky.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8671.msg104025#msg104025 date=1218069194]
Best of luck with them.

Dave571 only sold one, a real old one only a few months back.
It had been layed up for ages and the bushes had taken it but it was reclaimed and with new plugs a jump and a drop of petrol it fired up no problem. You could be that lucky.
[/quote]
thanks, I know the fella who has them and he is just giving them free of charge to me so I cant go far wrong there :lol:

Thats the way to do it.

I would love an old one to drive as a daily car, It would keep the speeds down :wink:

I will do :thumbsup:, cant wait to start making the buggy,and when its done theres a perfect forestry road 3 miles from my house to test it out :icon_grin:

Back