what is a good suspention set up?

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
what exacty do you need for a full set up?
i have just coilovers and front and rear struts on mine.

Good for what exactly???????
For track, coilovers, braces, 24mm Antiroll bars and lots of geometry adjustment! Good grip on a smooth track and tyres wear quickly!
On the road, softer springs to soak up bumps mid bent rather than bounce you off them, Braces are always agood thing!
More or less standard shocks and good antiroll bars,less agressive geometry settings,
Dan

Better still wait here for some profesional advise

well mine bounces off the bumps on the road its so hard...i kinda like it that way.
things like anti-roll bars and all that other stuff iv no idea.
so say a

Track set up Track/Road set up Road set up

itd be handy to know anyway

Coilover's replace the strut's, so I believe you mean strut brace's.

If they are bounceing, then they are too hard, and upset the balance of the car. If you have damper adjustment, set it on the softest setting you can, and see how it handles. If the coilover's are from Japan, they are too hard for Irish roads.

Replace the droplinks, front and rear, uprate the front anti-roll bar bush's, and fit a 22mm or 24mm adjustable rear anti-roll bar. Fitting an anti-lift kit improves corner turn in and keeps the inside wheel planted a lot better through a corner. A good suspension set-up and the car will be transformed.

John

:thumbsup: exactly what i wanted to know.
iv a set of ohlins that came on the car, and i have them on the softest setting which is still very hard,
but now at least i know what il have to get....in the future

Back