Japefest Mondello

R

ROB GSR

Hi Everyone,

As you are aware Jap Fest Mondello will be going ahead this September 2008.
This event was previously run by us at Xtreme Promotions, however this year Mondello have decided, after 4 years of Overdrive and Jap Fest ’07, that they are now going to run the event themselves. We at Xtreme have been excluded from the organisation of this, as well as any other parts of the event. As Jap Fest and Overdrive were totally our concept, we feel as though we have been cheated from the events which we have worked so hard for, to be able to gain recognition as being the leading event organisers in the country.
Mondello have now used our platform, and our reputation to go ahead with Jap Fest in ’08 and have excluded us from this. We are looking for your support when deciding, whether or not you will be attending this event, from a club / trade point of view or a personal point of view. As you remember from all previous events such as Jap Fest and Overdrive, we have always accommodated and pushed the boundaries in your club/trade stand favour.
We hope to discuss this further with John Morris at Mondello, in the coming weeks, and whether or not the problem has been resolved we will let you know the outcome.
We hope we can count on your support.
Please feel free to air your comments back to us at: Richie@d-rift.ie

Kind Regards,

Richie Lavin
Xtreme Promotions
Tel: 051 590 792
E: Richie@d-rift.ie

hey i am totally disgusted with mondello, why should any one go to jap fest this year, you guys put in so much effort every year to make it happen and then for them just to rob the spot light, and it not as if mondello are any good at advertising any thing, like they had the motor bikes here and the b.t.c.c and lost them all as far as i know its as if they want the place closed down. and they will probly put the entry charge up, cause they think they have done alot of advertising when all the hard work has being done un the last 4 years trying to get it up and runing. next they will try and take over the drift series!!!!! hope you all work it out though its a good show

noel

thats enough for me lads....
i wont be goin to mondello fest this year...fook them
:twofinger: :twofinger:

I was gutted when the dates were released, Because I'll be in  france that weekend (booked it in feb)
But this makes it abit easier (abit)!
I hope you's get sorted!
Dan

We are looking for your support when deciding, whether or not you will be attending this event, from a club / trade point of view or a personal point of view. As you remember from all previous events such as Jap Fest and Overdrive, we have always accommodated and pushed the boundaries in your club/trade stand favour.
We hope to discuss this further with John Morris at Mondello, in the coming weeks, and whether or not the problem has been resolved we will let you know the outcome.

I'm a little confused.....Do you want people to boycott the event or do you just want everyone to delay a few weeks before being told whether it's ok for us to go or not? :roll:

Assume they want the right thing John................

As in if this is the true case and Mondello has taken over and ousted them that they would like our support.
Which i think is fair enough...........

But if Mondello back step then would like support in attendence.......

As Brian said, It's wrong that Modello have done this to Xtreme Promotions as I'm sure that they have put alot of work in but it could all change.

So don't make a decision just yet.

Just on the other thing you said ROB GRS

"we have always accommodated and pushed the boundaries in your club/trade stand favour" what was that last year. We had the most cars with the smallest area. I wouldn't call that pushing the boundaries in our club stand favour, would you?

I hope you get things sorted as other then the lack of space that our club had last year it was a great day out. :D :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=8631.msg102661#msg102661 date=1217638200]
Assume they want the right thing John................

As in if this is the true case and Mondello has taken over and ousted them that they would like our support.
Which i think is fair enough...........

But if Mondello back step then would like support in attendence.......
[/quote]
dave if thats the case then you are advocating that as a club and club members that we boycott mondello entirely inc track days and other such events or have i got the wrong end of the stick entirely :ponder: :dunno:

@Ericsti

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8631.msg102685#msg102685 date=1217674883]
As Brian said, It's wrong that Modello have done this to Xtreme Promotions as I'm sure that they have put alot of work in but it could all change.

So don't make a decision just yet.

Just on the other thing you said  ROB GRS

"we have always accommodated and pushed the boundaries in your club/trade stand favour" what was that last year. We had the most cars with the smallest area. I wouldn't call that pushing the boundaries in our club stand favour, would you?

I hope you get things sorted as other then the lack of space that our club had last year it was a great day out.  :D  :thumbsup:  :subaru:

[/quote]

The same post from Rob GSR is over on IrishMOC.org so i'd say the Original post is just a copy and paste job from there.

If so he copied and pasted it on or from here to there so my point still stands.

Just my point of view on this so,

I enjoyed Japfest last year even though you couldn't put a match stick between our cars. I am also looking forward to it this year. I take it that Mondello hired Xtreme Promotions to organise the event last year or would I be wrong in saying that!

Either way the owners of Mondello have the right to do with their land what they please and if they think that they learned from the platform that was used there last year and are now going to run it themselves why then should they hire someone to do the job this year. It makes good bussiness sence to do it yourself.

I think that I for one will still be going to Japfest this year and to be honest I don't care who runs it as they won't be giving me anything for being there.

By asking clubs to boycott this event if that is indeed what Xtreme Promotions are doing then they are trying to hold Mondello to ransum which I think sucks.

Again this is just my opinion on this matter and I don't think that this club should get involved either way as we all go to Mondello for track days etc. Chances are most of us will go to Japfest and if we do then Xtreme Promotions should not put us in a position where we have to make an us or them dessision, as I fell this thread is.

I'm sure that Xtreme Promotions will host events in the future and that we would still be invited for been the club of car lovers that we areas the are a professional organisation.

I think that we should remain on the fence with this one and stick to our original plan that we made as a club to attend JapFest 08 regardless of who runs it.

This is a problem for mondello and Xtreme Promotions to sort out between themselves and I wish them the best in doing so, but who organises this event is non of or business.

"Just my veiw on this as a member of this club that doesn't want it been dragged into a dispute by taking sides one way or the other." :thumbsup: :subaru:

It was the best event i went to last year or the year before for that matter.
Im waiting allyear for it, so i will be going either way.

If i paint someones house, i dont expect them to get me to paint it the next time.......Thats there desision.
Its a balls if they dont tho.

Hope they sort it out.

If Mondello have used Xtreme promotions to organise Japfest over the last few years, then i would have to agree with Eric, its just a simple business decision on their part if they feel that they are now equipped to run the show in-house. If this is the case, then no offense but you should have had a long term contract in place to organise and run it.

If however, Japfest was an Xtreme promotions concept when it was launched, then Mondello are being pricks about it but still have every right to launch their own event seperately if they want. I suspect that this isnt the case though or they would not be able to call it japfest?? In which case, I am sorry as it was a brilliant event last year but hope that this year can live up to it..

This was taken for Dtdirl..

Right Lads i just got off the phone to Fergus Brennan From mondello about this and this is what he said " We (Mondello) had a contract
with Ritchie for 3 shows one per year which is 3 years which we let run for 4 years because for one reason or another one show got canceled. As the contract had been finished we(Mondello) reviewed the contract and felt that Thet had not brought the show to its full potential or brought any new ideas to the concept of JAPFEST which we have decided to take into our own hands and runn it." thats the word from them and Fergus will be on during the week to further this
Thanks

..Make up your own minds . Two companys are there to make money .
If Mondello can put on a show as good as last year those who dont go are the ones missing out..

Philip.

who cares who runs a event/show. :dunno: things have to change sometime and most times its for the best. :pray:

but as far as i am concerned this was the best event i attended last year so will definatly be going this year. :thumbsup:

good luck to Xtreme promotions for future events but if they dont sort out this with mondello good luck to mondello with this event :thumbsup:

[quote author=copperhead link=topic=8631.msg102735#msg102735 date=1217697690]

dave if thats the case then you are advocating that as a club and club members that we boycott mondello entirely inc track days and other such events or have i got the wrong end of the stick entirely :ponder: :dunno:

[/quote]

Absolutely not man.... :noway: :noway: :noway:

I'm staying well out of it.. Its between Xtreme and Mondello.......

Only saying assume thats wat Xtreme are looking for from the clubs........

My own opinion is that if no contract is in place then as Mondello is a business and they feel they can run a similer event themselves then they are entitiled to do so........

Back