sti8 top mount intercooler fitment on a classic

If the intercooler was about 40mm towards the passenger side, would that avoid the resevior??????????
The intercooler in the forester is about 40mm shorter (left to right) than the STI 8 item!
But still A good bit bigger than classic sti's
I might buy myself a frontmount kit shortly so I'll sell mine fairly cheap!
Dan

[quote author=TerryNavan link=topic=8620.msg192598#msg192598 date=1244484626]
Would fitting one of these top mounts really make much of a difference to a classic?
[/quote]

You wouldn't notice any different to your car Terry. To get more performance good to start with a decat, uprated fuel pump, panel filter and a remap. You'll get a noticeable different then :thumbsup:

Stephen.

I whole heartedly agree with above!
A new age WRX cooler is a good bit bigger then a classic sti cooler,
So that would be a good upgrade before you get her mapped!
Dan

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=8620.msg192601#msg192601 date=1244486269]
Would fitting one of these top mounts really make much of a difference to a classic?
[/quote]

You wouldn't notice any different to your car Terry. To get more performance good to start with a decat, uprated fuel pump, panel filter and a remap. You'll get a noticeable different then :thumbsup:

Stephen.
[/quote]Ah I see, I have the Panel Filter, TD06 Turbo, Downpipe with the Decat and cat back system but the Fuel pump and remap are on the list :D Along with Manifold

[quote author=TerryNavan link=topic=8620.msg192991#msg192991 date=1244586324]
[quote author=hiwd link=topic=8620.msg192601#msg192601 date=1244486269]
[/quote]

Stephen.
[/quote]Ah I see, I have the Panel Filter, TD06 Turbo, Downpipe with the Decat and cat back system but the Fuel pump and remap are on the list :D Along with Manifold
[/quote]
AND THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE YOU WILL NOTICE IS YOUR POCKET GETTIN LIGHTER DUE TO INCREASE IN FUEL CONSUMPTION

Ah well,
If you are going to look at it like that, then we may all buy nice economical straight deisel golfs or something! :icon_grin:
To be fair, you are looking at 22-27 mpg with your new setup
That looks like a great spec, I defo wouldn't stick with the classic cooler either way!
I ran my forester sti (same size cooler as new age wrx) at 386bhp and 408 lb/ft for a long time with a TD05 20g!
Dan

Yeah noticing the petrol already and because i only work like 5 mins away from the job it seems to be eating it. Although i found that between half and quarter of a tank i done 120km from just tipping around and from quarter to empty it done like 30km. Pure confused here haha

Jaysus,
Once mine goes under half, I need to take it handy till I find a maxol
About 18mpg at the moment, (not including hard driving)
On track she does 4mpg, seriously!
So worth it!
Dan

To be honest,
I accepted about 3 scoobies ago that once she gets that low, that you may consider it prettymuch empty!
So worth it though
Dan

Just went and put that E5 in. Does it need Octane booster also? Garage was only around the corner and gave it a bit of a run (3 hard boosts) and needle went down 3 bars from full :subaru: EXTREME :hammerhead:

Back