The old girl's poorly ..

scoobywankenobi

Petrolheads
Lads, my baby let me down this evenin on the way home from Ratoath, I lost my clutch pedal and couldn't get gear. Anyways i managed to get her home and it turned out that the rubber hose from the bulkhead feed to the clutch slave cylinder had perished and ruptured. Earlier symptoms of this began with the pedal beginning to stick half way on me, so if this is happening to you, get it checked now rather than breaking dow!! I'll be hopefully replacing this tomorrow - its really handy so I doubt anyone would need a how-to but I'll take pics just in case.

Cheers,

Derek

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

jesus i hate reading threads that start like yours :(
but in this case it dosnt look too serious :dance:
hope you get it sorted soon :thumbsup:

better than spinning the bearings lad!!!!!
should of rang the AA and waited 3 hours for a flatbed
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8619.msg102700#msg102700 date=1217681294]
Haha could you imagine the stick i'd be in for if one of the rescues had to come out for me?? :lol:
[/quote]

i'd sooner push me scooby home...
:lol: :lol:

Same happened to me this week, car wouldnt select gears. My mate wreckoned it was the slave cylinder but gonna check out this pipe now aswell.

That search function is great :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

lads its happened to me twice were ive tried to get into reverse nd instead of the gear engaging it grinded the stick back out. ne one know what the problem there is. its happened to me twice.

[quote author=john has an sti link=topic=8619.msg106350#msg106350 date=1219076517]
lads its happened to me twice were ive tried to get into reverse nd instead of the gear engaging it grinded the stick back out. ne one know what the problem there is. its happened to me twice.
[/quote]

Clutch could be on its way out mate...

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=8619.msg106356#msg106356 date=1219076975]
[quote author=john has an sti link=topic=8619.msg106350#msg106350 date=1219076517]
[/quote]

Clutch could be on its way out mate...
[/quote]

iv driven johns car,
it is the clutch starting to go

:thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8619.msg106333#msg106333 date=1219070842]
well what was it gary??

Derek
[/quote]

Gonna get it looked at tonite or mayb tomorow by the looks a things.

Back