Turbo Timer

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
Has anyone here installed one .. how much are they and to install them.. any types to try and get
Thanks

Think most of us here have t/timers,they are quite easy to install if you have the wiring harness,there are many types just which make you prefer,speak to one of our traders... :thumbsup:

just put one in a 01 turbo yesterday, have done quite a few, pretty straight forward.  in my own opinion i think the apexi is one of the best because of it's size it also comes in black or silver they cost about 120 euro and the harness is about 25 euro. most of them use the same type of harness but from what i have seen the blitz harness is  easy to get as a few places stock them, blitz, hks, and Greddy also make decent type ones but it's all about personel choice on size colour and looks plus finding a spot to fit it thats why the apexi appeals to me. some of them also carry extra wiring for AF and Co2 that have to be connected to the ecu. i'm sure some of the lads in here stock and sell them. but if you need any help in getting one and fitting it just send me a pm and i will help you as best i can. what part of the country are you in???  

If you have not yet got an alarm you might concider getting a Clifford Concept 650. It is easily one of the best alarms around which is needed for your pride and joy and can be fitted with a turbo timer as an optional extra.

Not a fan of them apexis. Blitz Fatt DCII very neat and has extra fuctions of voltage meter, auto timer, lap timer etc e200

thanks guys.. gettin a spare key cut this week bloody €250 for it... so I'll get the timer in a few weeks.. will see how much the local subaru garage want for puttin one in..

Gerry ,
Clifford is expensive (your buying a top alarm aswell)
but as far as i know it's the only one where you can
lock & alarm your car and walk away................ i stand to be corrected
but with the rest you have to wait till they cut the engine before
you can alarm the car...................which defeats the purpose !!!

Niall.

I got my Clifford with all the extras i.e. window lifts, remote start and turbo timer. for about 1100 or 1200.
A basic Clifford Concept 650 has Blackjax(anti hi-jacking), proxcimity sensor, 3-point immobiliser and key code and is fitted with all black wires so thief cannot cut positive.
Very good investment. There are more places doing them now so shop around for a good price.

[quote author=gerry link=topic=954.msg7828#msg7828 date=1165179986]
thanks guys.. gettin a spare key cut this week bloody €250 for it... so I'll get the timer in a few weeks.. will see how much the local subaru garage want for puttin one in..
[/quote]

you only got one key?? get alarm quick.....

as far as i know clifford alarms have built in say 1 minute timer. not practical when going short distances. The blitz one is automatic so judges by revs.

Turbo timer is built in to Clifford but you have to press a button before you take the key out to activate it.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=954.msg7896#msg7896 date=1165276985]
as far as i know clifford alarms have built in say 1 minute timer. not practical when going short distances. The blitz one is automatic so judges by revs.
[/quote]
[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=954.msg7907#msg7907 date=1165306355]
Turbo timer is built in to Clifford but you have to press a button before you take the key out to activate it.
[/quote]

Yea ya have to press a button first and you can also get the alarm guy to pre-set a time e.g. 1min, 2min....etc...

I checked with a clifford dealer and was told €470 for the concept + turbo timer fitted, then its around €400 extra if you want the remote start!

Thats an average price. But is not too bad. The remote start is very expensive from all dealers. I paid 1100 or 1200 for the alarm, 2 window lifts, turbo timer and remote start but he did me a deal because I had only bought another alarm from him 4 months before and I got 3 of my mates to get one from him too.

This is what the apexi looks like when its fitted.
Dsc00702.jpg

Back