MORE BRAKE QUESTIONS

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey Lads,
Just after buying calipers discs and pads off a type R for by b4, wont have them for a week or so and cant drive my legacy until i get them :cry: so when i do get them i want to be ready to tear into them: Just a few questions :thumbsup:

1) WHAT IS THE BEST BRAKE FLUID TO USE AND CAN I GET IT FROM THE TRADERS IN THE ISDC?

2) I NEVER HAD TO BLEED THE BRAKES ON A CAR WITH ABS BEFORE AND WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYTHING AI SHOULD BE LOOKING OUT FOR? :dunno:

3) I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS A CASE OF A DIRECT SWAP FROM TYPE R BRAKES(FRONT ONLY) TO MY B4 IS THIS CORRECT? :ponder:

THANKS AGAIN LADS :thumbsup:

:subaru:

1. Yes you can buy brake fluid from traders....motul 5.1,am not sure what else they have but you can ask them... :thumbsup:
2. Its the same as any other car start from the wheel furtherst from the brake resovoir... :thumbsup:
3. As far as i know it should be direct replacement.... :thumbsup:

Here's a list of stuff that is needed:
5.1 Brake fluid.
Brake cleaner.
Copper grease.
Torque wrench.
8mm, 14mm, and 17mm Spanners and sockets.
4 copper washers for the brake lines (can get them in halfords).
Brake bleeding kit.
Wheel chocks or something to stop the car from rolling back!
Bucket to catch all the brake fluid.

The 2 bolts which attach the calliper to the hub are very tight so use plenty of brake cleaner and WD40.
You can use 2 M8 bolts to help remove the discs from the hubs.
There is a right calliper and a left calliper, make sure that the bleed screw is at the top when you install them, otherwise they cannot be bled properly.

For cars with ABS bleed in the order Front R, Rear L, Front L, Rear R
For cars without ABS it's furthest to nearest.

Good luck! :thumbsup: :D

thanks for all the help lads ye know yer stuff anyway :thumbsup:
hopefully everything will go o.k and that B4 will see road again before long :dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back