The Holy Grail of Back box polish is not a polish!

E

ericsti

Well lads. I was looking at my back box after I cleaned the car the other day and as it was filty I decided to see if I could clean it up a bit. It's new enough but was still fearly dirty in side the oval as you would expect and the shine had gone of the Out side itself.

I got a Pad and some soap and after a small bit of rubbing on the inside of the oval it was clear that it wasn't going to work and there was no way I was going to scrub the outer side as this would just scratch it.

I went into the house and was thinking about stuff that might clean with little effort and shine to without scratching it.

This came into my head as we use it to clean the glass oven top and it does a great job with out scratching it.

DSC00114-2.jpg

DSC00113-1.jpg

So off I went with the bottle of W5 cream Cleaner from Lidl which only cost a couple of euro.

I was amazed at how easily it lefted the dirt. Just by putting a small bit on a cloth and lightly rubbing it. In no time at all it was looking like this.

DSC00115-1.jpg

DSC00117-1.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

I have to say I am delighted with the results. :thumbsup: :subaru:

Eric,

You should try Autosol Chrome Polish - it's the bee's kness :thumbsup:

You can get it in Halfords.....

Alan.

[quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=8561.msg101943#msg101943 date=1217331240]
Eric,

You should try Autosol Chrome Polish - it's the bee's kness :thumbsup:

You can get it in Halfords.....

Alan.
[/quote]

I second that

i use pretty much the same thing eric but cif. :thumbsup:

i put it up in my collection off cleaning products in the detailing thread which scared a few people until they read what i use it for. :thumbsup:

I spray some of that Cillit Bang stuff on before i power hose the car and the sut just falls off then with the power hose. The some Meguiars metal polish for a bit of a shine! :thumbsup:

Back