Brake Caliper Painting

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
I bought some high temperature spray paint from my local motor factors but when it dried the finish is more a dull matt finish than glossy. To get the gloss, I have been considering laquering them. Has anyone ever done this or would you know if the laquer would be peeling off the minute some heat gets into them?

TBH you dont need any high temp paint, I just bought a can of gold spray paint and put 3 coats on giving them plenty of time to dry. And the results are unbelievable really good gloss finish. That was about 8 months ago and they still have a very good surface

Best of luck anyway with it

Paddy

Thats good enough for me, its worth a try anyway, and sure if it doesnt work I can do them again...

Sound man Paddy, You got a pic of them? Was it just Halfords spray paint?

Well I just got it from local autofactors, I really think the key is to clean the caliper well and allow the paint to dry between coats and you dont need to put on big heavy coats either, even if it turns out you put 5 light coats on to get the right effect thats fine. If you put heavy coats on it will run and drip thats why i find the light coats is best

Cheers
Paddy

Back