Information required on 2006 Spec C

Mick Spec C

Hello,
I am new to this site. I have just purchased a 2.0Lt 2006 Sti Spec C from Japan, without an owners manual! I am wondering if someone could answer the following questions:

How does the automatic water intercooler spray system work, as I have not heard it operate?
How does the DCCD work or what way should it be set for normal driving?
Can you buy 100 Ron fuel in Dublin or do you know of anybody who does a 95 remap?

Your help would be much appreciated.  :ponder:

Welcome aboard Mick - hope this is the first of many posts here. :thumbsup: Savage car by the sounds of it there :D You won't get 100RON over here, not even 98RON, so a remap would be essential. I can't personally answer all your questions, but there are many members here who will soon be along to give you expert advice.

:subaru:

Paulo

Wow  :shock: :shock:
MY06 STI Spec C ya lucky *&^^%%$$  :D

Lovely motor, and welcome aboard  :thumbsup:

1st there is no 101RON or anything similar in the Republic
unless you want to buy rally fuel..........(too expensive)

So you will need a re-mapp for say 95RON plus octane booster
(i recommend Lucas or NF). It's important you don't drive the car hard
until you get a new map for our shitty Irish Fuel. Otherwise your engine will
suffer from "Knock" (pre-detination of fuel)...............basically it will seriously damage your engine.

The automatic spary will turn on if the engine is hot or outside temp is hot
to be honest mine has never turn itself on ?? You would give it a couple of blasts
say on the start line of a race or similar.... there's no real practical use for day to day driving.

I always set the DCCD fully to the rear  :D :D and that's were it should be.
Some lads would knock it forward a notch or two in the wet just to keep
her straight. Full 50:50 lock is for driving on snow or dirt

Andy Forrest is coming over in January to map some cars, if your interested.

Niall.

Thanks for the information Niall,

Do you know how I can book the car with Adny F to get this remap done. Is there any other mods which he can do when is converting it to run on 95 + booster?

Welcome along  :thumbsup:

Savage car by the way  :subaru:
If you do a search for Andy Forest in the forum you will find a wealth of info regarding re-maps...  :thumbsup:
Give Damo (Renno) a PM and he'll let you know if there is any free spots in Jan or when Andy is coming over again...

Alan.

Hello Alan,

I am new to this fourm chat also! How can I send a PM to Damo. Sorry for this stupid question....

Hi Mike welcome to the site. Ive sent you a Private mail there. If you look at the top of the page beside your name you can click into your mail box.

Cheers

Damo

Michael on the top left of your screen
"scroll" up if you need to there is a "search"
option. you'll find loads of topic's on re-mapps
with Andy F and possible mods................the list is endless :D

Niall.

welcome along, great car, i'm guessing your the same michael that knows a certain person who just bought a 2l turbo legacy. as i told him jap car = 101ron Irish cars = any old crap, because thats all we have, answer a remap for you and him.

Seen the pics car looks great, jm said he would bring me over to have a look at it someday, did'nt you you have a scooby before???

I had an Irish spec turbo wagon from 2001 till 2004, then went and got a rx-8 then. RX-8 looked great but did not compare to subaru. I had been looking for a while for my new car and bought this one a couple of months ago. It took ages to come from Japan.

Never had this fuel issue before, therfore tanks for your & jm's help. Didn't have DCCD either.

When your free come over with JM for a spin in it, it cannot be pushed hard as I will have to wait for remap to do that.

You would want to tell him that, still driving around like a rally driver, he said he was going to take it easy then somebody told me they had been in it with him the other day poor bloke said he would never get in a car with him again.

I didn't think JM was a stunt pilot. Has he got rid of the S-2000?

In relation to the engine remap, he said he was going to get a local man to do it for him. Who is this?

Sorry Michael i should of said you could go to the likes
of Martin Tracey in Enfield. He's very good also.
It's just AndyF really is very very good, and is a household name
when it comes to road maps.

What you could do in the mean time is run her on a half
bottle of lucas to 1 full tank giving aprox 97RON and fit a knock link
(€150) to meausre any pre-det

That's what i done when i bought in my..... MY99 STI typeR
until i got her mapped. At least that way it would let you drive away
and warn you if your going to hard.

Niall.

Thanks for the info Niall, where can you buy a Knock link for €150? Do you know how much Andy F costs and if he does any other mods when mapping for 95 ron?

As said above Michael, i have told jm all this, he says he knows some bloke that is remapping cars now, told him to stick to somebody that knows Scoobys and as Niall said andy forest is your man not only for remapping but i have seen him drive them. as for the stunt pilot i know of 4 people who wont get into a car with him again he still has the S2000.  

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=949.msg7776#msg7776 date=1165079663]
Sorry Michael i should of said you could go to the likes
of Martin Tracey in Enfield. He's very good also.
It's just AndyF really is very very good, and is a household name
when it comes to road maps.

What you could do in the mean time is run her on a half
bottle of lucas to 1 full tank giving aprox 97RON and fit a knock link
(€150) to meausre any pre-det

That's what i done when i bought in my..... MY99 STI typeR
until i got her mapped. At least that way it would  let you drive away
and warn you if your going to hard.

Niall.

[/quote]

As far as I know Martin can only do the Power FC which isent available on the newage cars.

Damo

Martin Tracey in my opinion has just gone same as everyone else around south. money money money...

He does a quick advancement on timing and fueling and good luck to ye. Money please................  And a lot of for the job done........... :noway: :noway: :ponder: :cry: :(

Back