Auto Glym.

E

ericsti

Well lads,

After the Auto Glym presentation yesterday at the BBQ (cann't remember the lads name but I sure that other lads will be able to fill in that gap) I had a chat with the lad and come up with what he said would be the best combination of product for my car.

I purchased Auto Glym Ultra deep shine, Extra Gloss Protection and a microfibre Rag. I also got and read the booklet he was giving out.

DSC00062.jpg

I had an hour and a half to spair today during lunch so I thought I'd try them out to see if they where as good as he said.

I didn't need to wash the car as I had done it yesterday, so a quick wipe down for dust and I was away.

I first applied the Ultra deep shine working one pannel at a time wiping of when it reach a hayzed state with the microfibre.

I then applied the Extra Gloss protection. You have to leave it on the car for half an hour and then I removed it with the microfibre.

I have to say it didn't come out to bad at all. I might still need to Clay bar it some day but most of the car looks really well.

Here the result: What do yous think?

DSC00077-1.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075-1.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

Sure did. By the way lads anyone who bought Auto Glym products, if you want to stick your comments and Pics of your findings up here also fell free as I'm sure the lads would love to know how good these products really are. :thumbsup: :subaru:

Would you get that car off the flipping grass . . . . . .

It looks really well, I was contemplating buying some products but I spent my money on some other polish on saturday :angry:

Looking good eric :clap:

I use the Auto Glym shampoo to wash the car!it leaves a a nice deep shine!never used any of the auto glym waxes or polish as iv been told there is better products out there!

How easy was it too remove the Deep shine??was it like a powder or was it more sticky like a thick wax?

More powder then i'm used to but not that bad rely. It was sticky to though and took a bit of rubbing in places. Not at all bad but I think I'll be buying Maguires in future. I think their easier to work with and give a deeper shine. But Auto Glym isn't at all bad. Maybe after a couple of coats it will impress more.

Cool!
Meguires cleaner wax is top notch!simple to remove,just thinking of changing out of curiousity and the auto glym is MUCH cheaper!

Clay bar time next eric :headbanger:

I am planing on claying my car and the lad that did the demo said that the stuff I bought of him would get rid of all the little marks so I tried it but if you look closely you can still see them so when this stuff runs out i'll clay bar it and use the Maguires stuff just like Brooks from the other site said when I PM'ed him. But for no as my time is tight at the moment this stuff will do the trick.

Turned out quite well, are you supposed to wax it then after those or leave it as is? Or is that extra gloss protection a wax?

He said the extra gloss protection hardens and seals. Said you can wax but this should be enough.

GOOD MAN ERIC CAR LOOKS GREAT THE LADS NAME IS TED GAFFNEY GOT HIS CARD OFF HIM
HE KNOWS A LOT OF VALET SHOPS AND SAID HE COULD RECOMMEND A FEW PLACES THAT WOULD BE GOOD INCASE ,LIKE ME WOULDNT TRUST ANYONE WITH THE SCOOB TO DO A GOOD VALET ON IT FOR ANY OF THOSE LAZY DAYS WHEN YOU MAYBE WANT A SHOP TO DO ITHIS CONTACT NO IS 046-9558004 LEINSTER AUTOCARE :thumbsup: :subaru:
YOU DONE A GOOD JOB THERE CAN I DROP MINE OVER TO YOU

i have been using the ultra deep shine on mine, but it really is a lot of hassle to get off, does the extra gloss protection make any major difference shine wise or is it just sort of a sealer to keep it shinier looking for longer? Was thinking of buying some Meguiars next do one panel in AutoGlym and one in Meguiars and compare the 2

first things first and hour and a half for lunch :shock:
will you get me an application form :pray:
i have to say the car turned out well i think some of the autoglym products are very good
however meguiers gets my vote too id like to try that new autoglym wax though :thumbsup:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8432.msg100659#msg100659 date=1216658841]
I am planing on claying my car and the lad that did the demo said that the stuff I bought of him would get rid of all the little marks so I tried it but if you look closely you can still see them
[/quote]
in fairness with black paint only a machine polish will get the swirls out, clay won't do that either

Looking Good Eric :thumbsup:
I've tried all sorts of polishes over the years and always ended up happiest with Auto Glym :thumbsup:
I've been dealing with Teds son for years and they give a top quality service and advice on what product for what job :thumbsup:
Also buy in Bulk off them- way cheaper than the shops :D
Cheers
John

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8432.msg100693#msg100693 date=1216664537]

in fairness with black paint only a machine polish will get the swirls out, clay won't do that either
[/quote]

anyone recommend where to get a good orbital polisher? lots of swirls on mine that need removing!

Back