RWD scooby !!

mack

ISDC Club Member
Hi all

Got a call from a mate today that is thinking of doing a little project. ;)
has anyone heard of adapting a gearbox or putting on a different gearbox to make a scooby RWD ( for drifting ) :ponder:
is there such thing as a different manufacturers gearbox that will fit the scooby to make it rwd :ponder:

Any suggestions.

mack

people do it alot, did you try look up info on the D1 scooby?

kumakubo_.jpg

Nobu Kumakubo / Impreza(GDB)
His aggression will never stop [YUKE'S CUSCO with ADVAN]

For tandem twin driftings Nobu always says "whoever my opponent is, I pressurise the other car as hard as I can" and that's his policy. That kind of his specialty attracts crowds quite often and surprisingly he almost never hit the other cars. The only question mark this year is the potential of his new machine JUN SUBARU IMPREZZA.

[GDB - Machine Spec]
Power: 550BHP
Turbocharger: Trust TD06SH-25G Turbine(Boost set-up 1.5kg/cm2)
Engine: JUN Piston for 2.5litre/Crank/Connecting Rod etc
Clutch: ORC
Transmission: Holinger 6-speed Sequential
LSD: CUSCO
Suspension: DG5 Damper/swift Spring(F:10kg/R:6kg)
Tyre: YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD07
Bodywork: M SPORTS, CUSCO

Theres a thread on the old site that I think I put up of a guy who has a full guide to doing it.

my mate has it done 300 brake at the back wheels its crazy .hes a mechanic ill ask him what exactly it involved

Cheers for all the feedback guys :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=936.msg7637#msg7637 date=1164838089]
my mate has it done 300 brake at the back wheels its crazy .hes a mechanic ill ask him what exactly it involved
[/quote]

it'd be great to find out what he did.
I wonder is it change the centre diff ??

[quote author=black g wagon link=topic=936.msg7630#msg7630 date=1164834835]
Mate of mine has a converted gearbox to suit a classic wrx.
[/quote]

Is he selling it ??

Mack

all you need is a 2-wheel drive spool and swap it for the centre diff. its fairly straight forward.

A freind of mine has his rwd for Aghadowey on Saturday. 1 HOUR JOB. No special tools needed. Pm me and I'll give you his number

Back