MODIFIED OIL PUMP AND SUMP!!!!!!!

huzzy

Sunday Drivers
Hi
Just wondering if any one knows where i can get a oil pump to keep the oil presure higher and a sump with baffels in it? ;)

Its for a v5 sti jap coupe :dance:

Has anybody fitted them before are they anygood??????? :dunno: :dunno:

I've the same car mate. I just got one last week, its not fitted yet but it seems good.
I got it from www.flat4online.co.uk. They are £195stg delivered world wide. Its a bit expensive in general but I'm not sure if its expensive as oil pumps go. Any Idea how much a stock one is?
My total order came to over £1500stg so he did me a deal.

I have just rebuilt my engine a week ago and i fitted a new subaru standard oil pump I think it was 150Euro im not to sure I cant find the recept,,i had just got my car 2 days before the bigends went :evil: and just after Its just in the back of my mind all the time i wont be able to happely drive the thing on until the oil pumps changed

Any idea about the sump i here that its a must for dounuts O havent given them a go yet herd of people doing them and the big ends ratteling by the time they have finished becouse the oil goes to one side of the sump any truth in this?

(p.s.) well ware with the new car!!!!

Yes well baffled high capacity sump which is close to 1.3-1.5L extra oil. And i put a grahme goode racing modified oil pump in mine. Think about e300 though.

[quote author=huzzy link=topic=935.msg7788#msg7788 date=1165093864]
I have just rebuilt my engine a week ago and i fitted a new subaru standard oil pump I think it was 150Euro im not to sure I cant find the recept,,i had just got my car 2 days before the bigends went :evil: and just after Its just in the back of my mind all the time i wont be able to happely drive the thing on until the oil pumps changed

Any idea about the sump i here that its a must for dounuts O havent given them a go yet herd of people doing them and the big ends ratteling by the time they have finished becouse the oil goes to one side of the sump any truth in this?

(p.s.) well ware with the new car!!!!
[/quote]

I know exactly how ya feel mate, :angry: :angry: :cry: I had mine for one month before they went!! Still waiting to get it rebuilt. I'm waiting since Sept. I hadn't got the money till I sold my Toyota Levin. Should be ready soon after x mas. I had done one or two dounuts in mine even one starting off @ 4000rpm :shock: and it did no harm. It was a good two weeks after that before the big ends start knocking. I think it also depends which direction ya do it...Left or right?? I can't remember which tho! :ponder:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=935.msg7793#msg7793 date=1165108816]
Yes well baffled high capacity sump which is close to 1.3-1.5L extra oil. And i put a grahme goode racing modified oil pump in mine. Think about e300 though.
[/quote]

That sounds very good where did you pick them up? :subaru:

i presume both you lads have your cars remapped for 95 ron after spending all that money otherwise you will be back to square one again, hi reving scoobies = oil being burnt from the big ends because of the huge amount of heat sent down the conrods on jap cars running on 95 ron.

Its the first thing I did when I  refitted my engine, ;)

I went to TTM in Galway , :thumbsup:

It was a long test drive!! :p

I went on to the graham goode web site they only hav a sump called a "big wing" 650 ish sterling :dunno:
Anybody know of some where cheaper???? :worship:

Mine is still being built, I have a Power FC that I will get mapped by the lads in East Coast Customs who are doing the build. They tune it on the road first and then fine tune it on the rollers for top speed and the likes of it.

[quote author=maximusbiggus link=topic=935.msg7811#msg7811 date=1165157526]
Mine is still being built, I have a Power FC that I will get mapped by the lads in East Coast Customs who are doing the build. They tune it on the road first and then fine tune it on the rollers for top speed and the likes of it.
[/quote]

Id say thats the other way around no ? Seting up the base map and time consuming part on the rollers and then finnish and adjust on the road ?

Damo

[quote author=maximusbiggus link=topic=935.msg7818#msg7818 date=1165161373]
I'm not really sure, I just know they use both. I just know I'm getting the best of both worlds!! :dance: :D
[/quote]

LOL

Back