22B front bumper

TommyM

Petrolheads
i have a 22B bodykit on my car but the front bumper is fibreglass and is very hard to keep (i have cracked it and had it repaired twice) ,i would like a plastic front bumper but i know i would probably never get one!?? anyone got any idea's?? maybe there is somewhere that has a 22B breaking for part's??

Give scoobyclinic a call, they acquired the moulds off Subaru for the 22B bodykit so produce an exact replica kit, not sure what the front bumper is made of but would imagine its plastic rather than fibreglass.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=8332.msg99490#msg99490 date=1216136297]
Give scoobyclinic a call, they acquired the moulds off Subaru for the 22B bodykit so produce an exact replica kit, not sure what the front bumper is made of but would imagine its plastic rather than fibreglass.
[/quote]

yea that's worth a try il give them a ring now thank's Brian

Id say they are fiberglass myself, cheaper & easier to form. I known it would be labour intensive but a hell of a lot cheaper than vaccume forming.

I know a fella in the UK that is doing Carbon Kevlar ones... and Glass fibre.

Mad money though... 900 Glass fibre... 1800 for Carbon... and that's Sterling! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Very high quality though!! :thumbsup:

They're Revolution Milleniums 18x8... basically they're copies of the old Speedline Corsa rally rims.

You can get em on Ebay... but best of luck if they don't have em in stock as apparently the time it takes Revolution to make em is ridiculous as they aren't the most efficient company! (a mate has a set ordered through a distributor 6 months and distributor can't get Revolution to confirm delivery.... very common complaint) :angry:

They're a good light, strong alloy and reasonably priced too... so Irelands crappy raods should'nt bend em out of shape! :thumbsup:

[quote author=TommyM link=topic=8332.msg99489#msg99489 date=1216135702]
i have a 22B bodykit on my car but the front bumper is fibreglass and is very hard to keep (i have cracked it and had it repaired twice) ,i would like a plastic front bumper but i know i would probably never get one!?? anyone got any idea's?? maybe there is somewhere that has a 22B breaking for part's??
[/quote]

If your sticking with the fibreglass you could try filling the bumper with expandable foam (like you would use to fill holes in your house etc). Once dryed this foam is very light and strong and would give a bit more support to the bumper. Just take your time when filling the bumper ( I would suggest masking areas off with cardboard) and then you can trim any excess off afterwords.
I have found this to work very well previously :thumbsup:

Alan.

Back