Subaru Set ups

S

shannette

I wonder can anyone assist me with subaru issue i'm having.
I bought a beautiful WRX RA a year or so ago - my pride n joy. A couple of months back I had a nasty blow out on the rear tyre mid corner and I ended up mounting all fours up onto the kerb. Lucky for me after the kerb was miles of grass so no body damage.
This put the fright in me but only at the cost of a tyre - i think. Firstly I had to get the tracking and re balanced the wheels which you would expect.
I then noticed that from a stand still, say at a set of traffic lights. I'd accelerate off the lights and as the turbo kicks in the car actually begins to drift to the left. Then as you take your foot off the gas to change gear the car drifts to the right. Now I'm keeping the steering wheel straight but it's like the chassis is twisting or something. The next thing I've noticed is the rear end would step out at 40 mph in the wet on a bend - very nerve racking I'm telling you. I also have this really strange rumbling noise from the rear end, I was thinking it might of been the shocks. It only happens at a low speed and it sounds like i've got a boot of scrap metal in the boot.
Now I have been to 3 different garage / mechanics, 1 of which was the main subaru dealer and trust me their own report was questionable - In the end I've had no solution to this on going twisting and rumbling.
What I would rellay love to know is this, is there any where in IRELAND that for starters, is highly rated. Then somewhere that can check the set up of the subaru cars, Similar to you going to you doctor ( which is what I've done ) for a medical check up and he says " ah your grand, thats 60 euro " or you going to the hosipal and getting the works, scans, blood tests etc etc etc...
I'm looking for a hospital for my scooby, some where to carry out the full medical in the hands of someone who actual cares and gets her back to her fighting self.
Sorry for ranting, but any help would be great.

We are well known for our suspension set-up and knowledge. You sound like the car is very badly set-up, or something is loose/worn. It's very rare to see that amount of play in suspension of a Subaru, that allow's the car to move around like that, you should get it looked at very soon.

John

Welcome along mate, doesn't sound healthy alright :cry:

Johnny99 (jomo engineering) is renowned for suspension setups amongst other things, get your car down to him & you'll be sorted.

You could have bent something when you hit the carb, One of the suspension arms or something like that. Get a good Garage to have a look at her.

You've come to the right place for advice, welcome along, for 50 euro membership you can avail of all the memebers discounts on the site and also atend club meets and events..very friendly bunch.

Jomo come highly recommended.

[quote author=GregWRX link=topic=8273.msg98795#msg98795 date=1215773841]
Dessie Golden in Cork might be able to help if your down this direction.
[/quote]

Were in CORK ???

John at Jomo shannette loves subarus as much if not then we do .. he,ll look after it like a baby

Welcome! :thumbsup:
Where are you based? I hope you get her sorted soon,
Johnny will get her sorted for you no doubt! eg. when he was doing the setup on my car, he could get enough camber on the front end, So he took the front suspension apart, Brought some bits over to his lathe, adjusted them and put them back on the car, And Sorted :thumbsup:
Dan

[Well thanks for the info... Jumo it is..
I'll have to get it sorted quick and I'll give update
Thanks again.
Shannette.

Back