supercharger a 1.6 o3 ts

Magnum

Sunday Drivers
hey guys does anyone know of anyone that has supercharged the 1.6 model and what does it in tale? :pray: :pray:

holy mackerel batman, id say that would be some mission. if you had to start fresh you might as well be trying to turn the car inside out

:lol: :lol: :lol: ur crazy man !!!!!

let me get this right . u want to supercharge a 1.6 :wazzup:

sell ts , buy sti :thumbsup:

ya the army
has made me crazy alrite. tax and petrol cost to run a sti a a a a no thanks.
i know you can buy universal superchagers but wanted to see if anyone did it already.

[quote author=Magnum link=topic=8253.msg98579#msg98579 date=1215698293]
ya the army
has made me crazy alrite. tax and petrol cost to run a sti a a a a no thanks.
i know you can buy universal superchagers but wanted to see if anyone did it already.
[/quote]

Wouldn't imagine a universal supercharger would be too good for your engine...

Your better off getting an WRX or STi man. WRX is a little cheaper but still about the same on juice.

i'd say 1.6 with a supercharger will be juicier than an STi, carterhonda has a 1.6 turbo and he said its juicer than an sti because of all the extra weight in it. although if ya wanna be different best of luck :thumbsup:

Between supercharger, uprated internals to handle the pressure, new ecu to handle the extra demand plus mapping, not including the labour of it all its just not economically viable, i'd say it'd be cheaper to buy an ej20 + ecu n fit..

[quote author=Magnum link=topic=8253.msg98584#msg98584 date=1215700996]
i just wanted to do sumthing that no other person has tried thats all
[/quote]

head for the cliffs of moher dressed up as a duck singing "mary had a little lamb" dont think its been tried b4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note like scooby del said , maybe just an engine swap or re-builld with more spec :dunno: :ponder:

you could buy a legacy / impreza off pistonheads , clear it, insure it and keep it topped up with juice for the price of the supercharger job. people get worried about consumption & insurance then spend trillions on a yoke to squeeze a few brake out of it. don't get me wrong fella, if you can do it fair play but its a long way round

Plus the fact that it will be hard to sell a car with that work done, you have to think about that too

Back