Clutch/Gear Box

X

xthe-stig

Folk's we've had our wrx a few months now it was a fresh import when we got it, for the last month or so we've been having trouble with the gear box mainly selecting first gear, also sometimes reverse is very jumpy, when changing down gears as well its fairly harsh on clutch release, also when taking off its different every time, its like the bitin point keeps changing sometimes it engages straight away other times it just revs for a few seconds then takes off, that on its own would sound like the clutch but with the other problems just thought i'd ask ya's.

Any help would be great

If its fresh import then ur more then likely gonna need a new clutch and fly wheel. Theres a good few lads on here including myself who have had fresh imports and have the clutch fall out of them.

As said above, get a new clutch anyway, maybe flywheel. Imprezas are very hard to get 1st anyway if your at all moving, you normally have to be very nearly stopped to get first. Hopefully your not raming it into gear. Other thing if the worst comes to the worse, I know Kenny McKinstry will rebuild a gear box for around €600. Best of luck

Regards

Paddy

Back