IHI VF28

maximusbiggus

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi,
Does anyone know the max bhp of this turbo? :dunno: I am doing a big engine build but I'm afraid I'll be disappoined with the bhp figure beacuse the turbo will max out. :cry:
:subaru:

320 is the max I think you can safely get out of it. Not 100% sure though.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=905.msg7347#msg7347 date=1164566519]
320 is the max I think you can safely get out of it. Not 100% sure though.
[/quote]

Yeah that seems to be the max on them.

Thanks lads. Not what I wanted to hear :cry: but will have to do for the moment. :roll:

@ Damo, I saw that you had one for sale there before. Do you mind me asking what you got for it? :ponder:

It was a mates, I cant remember what he got for it. If your puting that kind of money into the engine ( if I have the right person ) id be looking at one of the TDs. 20g for sale on Scoobynet I think. Also with your steel build your gonna most likely run high boost and IHI Turbos dont really handle it well.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=905.msg7368#msg7368 date=1164633333]
VF28 series turbo is 280bhp lads not 320bhp

Niall.
[/quote]

yes, they are designed for 280. But you can push 320 out of them before they become inefficient. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

I know one guy who has it at around 320 but most do seem to be 280 290ish.

Thanks for all the replys lads. :thumbsup:
I think it will have to do for the moment due to my budget wearing very thin... And thats before I even pay the lads @ East Coast Customs to do the build. :doh: I'm also getting the gear box totaly recond so hopefully I have a few numbers on the lotto!!! :pray:

Back