headache!!!!!!

markobucko

Octane Boostaholics
lads
my brother in law has had the key of his 00 B4 pickpocketed on him....
i got the car lifted off the street and brought to a lockup till i find out what to do with it....
can anyone tell me what is needed to get this B4 back on the road???
thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!!!

:ponder: :ponder:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that there is nothin but trash cans walkin the streets its a disgrace :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

a lockset should do the trick id say although i dont no if there is a chip in those keys could be expensive

if there an alarm on the car i suggest getting it recoded and any spare fobs recoded too so if someone walks up to it wit the original fob they wont be able to disarm it

thanks lad....
cootehill.....thievin muck savages!!!
no alarm on this car.....another thing southside auto were supposed to throw in on the deal 2 months ago plus the other key :ponder: :ponder:
not sure meself bout the chip in key....never got to see it before it got lost

bastar*s :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

maybe someone else on the forum here with a 00 B4 mite be able to tell u if there a chip in key or if it just for doorlocks with the button on key

Hi Mark. Some info on the B4 keys! :thumbsup:

[/quote] "immob i l i s e r s e c u r i t y s y s t e m
The factory immobiliser system interfaces directly with the engine management computer (ECU).
This system is a transponder type that utilises a rolling code for additional security. Once the key is
inserted in the ignition lock and the ignition turned on an antenna amplifier positioned around the
ignition lock reads the transponder code and transmits it to the engine management and
immobiliser computer (ECU). The ECU then compares the transmitted code for the correct sequence
and, if correct, allows the engine to start. The remote central locking transmitter is now incorporated
as one unit into the key along with the immobiliser transponder.
If a duplicate key is required, the transponder code needs to be registered with the ECU. This teaching operation can only be performed
with special equipment and the software is only available to authorised personnel.
In addition to the factory immobiliser system all Liberty B4 are fitted as standard with a Subaru Australia designed ‘Dual Stage Security
System’. This system provides two separate security systems. The remote locking transmitter operates one system and the other by a PIN
operated keypad,This provides for additional six points of immobilisation, anti hijack mode, automatic re-arm, Intrusion Alert, False Alarm Prevention,
Internal Screamer, Infrasonic sensor, valet mode and also features anti cross pollination software for additional theft protection.[/quote]

Where did you get that info mark? As far as i'm aware there would be no immobiliser in it unless someone that owned it has put one in. Very few jap imports come in with immobilisers. I know for a fact my B4 didnt have one, I went to a locksmith and paid him a tenner for a second key, no hassle getting in or starting it

@blacklegacy....thats the kinda news i'm lookin for!!!!!!!!!!
the thoughts of havin to get barrells,keys and ignition transponders was is fookin wreckin me head
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you want to drive it just unscrew the back of the ignition barrel pull the wired piece out and use a flat head to turn the ignition on. Only problem is locking and unlocking the doors. I know as an AA man, it should take you about 20 seconds to get into the car and only a couple of minutes to try that... if you havent already...

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=8083.msg96844#msg96844 date=1214955248]
No immob on a B4. Lockset be piece of mind.
[/quote]

what is a lockset like to pickup dave....????

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=8083.msg96849#msg96849 date=1214955857]
lockset from subaru.

new keys and barrels. 2x doors, ignition and boot.
[/quote]

any ballpark figure on something of that sort????

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=8083.msg96843#msg96843 date=1214954080]
If you want to drive it just unscrew the back of the ignition barrel pull the wired piece out and use a flat head to turn the ignition on. Only problem is locking and unlocking the doors. I know as an AA man, it should take you about 20 seconds to get into the car and only a couple of minutes to try that... if you havent already...

[/quote]

What good is this if ya cant steer it??

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=8083.msg96854#msg96854 date=1214957099]
[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=8083.msg96843#msg96843 date=1214954080]

[/quote]

What good is this if ya cant steer it??
[/quote]

Also sorted in about 20 seconds with a hammer and punch, I did my own so its quite straight forward, but i forgot to mention it so thanks..

Back