WRC - Rally Ireland - Jan/Feb 2009

Got the newsletter from Rally Ireland yesterday, they are formalising the route at the moment which they will present to the FIA before the end of July for final sign-off. They are planning on running some different stages but I think its still gonna be based in the same area.

I've already checked all the hotels in Sligo for that weekend & they're all booked out already, not very impressed with that tbh :angry:

I must sign up for that newsletter from Rally Ireland!

Aaaahhh ... that's a balls about hotels! I've friends though who i stayed with for WRC 07... must get on to them and invite myself to stay again with them!!! I'm sure they'll appreciate it! :hang:

They better keep it reasonably central or it be harder again to see any more than one stage a day!

I cant wait for this, It was great last year and its gonna be super now that I have added a Subaru to my Debit account. There are lads out there on the ball when it comes to accommadation for rallys. I stayed with a mate who is living there in the student village down by the second service area - Very handy indeed ;)

Hotels are all booked out by travel companies etc etc.

There is a crowd that were appointed by Rally Ireland last yr as official hospitality company, I ended up booking through them & they weren't too much more expensive than booking direct with the hotel, although they did want the money upfront (about 6mths before the stay!)

Sticking your name on the newsletter is certainly the best way of keeping in touch :thumbsup:

There must be houses that are rented out in the area to yankee tourists that would be available at that time of year... You could get a gang of you and fill one and would probably work out reasonably cheap!
Ahhh Pete...Student village... that brings me back! I hope there was plenty of binge drinking done. :drunk: :salute: :cheers: :guinness:

We were pretty close to Sligo town centre too and my mates sister who we stayed with worked in the college and got us good access to service park!

I'd be excited too heading up with new Scooby! I was pretty annoyed last year being ferried round in mates Evo when my Scooby was parked up at home!

:subaru:

Heres all the hotels I can think of. No point in putting the Clarion in cause thats where Rally HQ is :thumbsup:

Yeats Country Hotel,
Spa & Leisure Club,
Rosses Point,
Co. Sligo Check-In: 3 pm
Check-Out: 11 am
Reservations: 1850 282 282
Rep of Ireland: 071 9177211

Radisson
Ballincar,
Rosses Point
Sligo
Ireland
Tel: +353 71 91 40008

Glasshouse Hotel
Telephone 1850 321 321 ( Republic of Ireland Only)

Sligo Southern Hotel and Leisure Centre
Strandhill Road, Sligo, Co. Sligo.
Tel: +353 (0)71 9162101

Sligo Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Pearse Road, Sligo, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0)71 9190400

Castle Dargan Hotel
Tel. +353 (0)71 911 8080

Sligo City Hotel.
Quay Street,
Sligo,
Ireland.
T: +353 71 9144 000

RIVERSIDE HOTEL IN SLIGO
Sligo,
County Sligo
Ireland
Tel: +353 (0)71 9148080

Nice one fella...

Off to Sligo Stages Rally next week, so hoping to book myself in with same mates who are putting us up then! Fingers crossed! :pray: :pray:

There must be houses that are rented out in the area to yankee tourists that would be available at that time of year... You could get a gang of you and fill one and would probably work out reasonably cheap!

There is alright, I stayed in one last year in Enniscrone after I found out all hotels in the town were booked out. Think it cost 450 per week but wouldn't go back this year since it's the wrong side of Sligo. I think I'll head for Leitrim/Fermanagh direction this year, now that my Geography is a bit better!

Enniscrone is 45 mins from Sligo town. I might have a few house to let for the week. Depends on the student situation this year :D I know closer to the date.

Back