windscren wipers

tractorman

I'v the same problem as wetpatch,the wipers smack off the side uprights and dont go all the way back down to end point when screen not very wet.Dont think it is the motor :ponder:What else could it be? :dunno:

Alan

just remove the wiper arms and repoisition them further down the windscreen....
usually its the wiper spindles that wear and coz play in the linkage
wear is caused by age and driving at speed using the wipers coz the speed of the air passin the windscreen forces the blades further to the sides....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My wipers sit in the correct position unless there dry then they will sit higher than normal, sometimes they seem under powered and wont go the whole way then other times they are over powered and whack off the side of the screen.

If the window is dry then the wipers struggle to move.

Give me a hammer and il feel right at home, but give me something with volts in and theres a good chance im gonna short something out. It in for a full service on thursday up in C&R so il get them to have a look and report back.

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8049.msg96519#msg96519 date=1214848584]
how technically-minded are you wetpatch? like would you know your way round an ammeter?
[/quote]

please explain scoobydel.Same porblem her,father is good with the auld electrics :thumbsup:
thanks

alan

k..one way to diagnose a problem with anything electronic is to analyse its current draw. What you do is remove the wiper motor fuse and put an ammeter in series in the circuit. record its amp draw, then do the same on one with a scoob that doesn't have the problem. compare the results, i.e a higher draw on your motor would imply a greater internal resistance in the motor (motor fooked). Still with me?? Technical overload there :lol:

Hav a similar prob my wipers blow off over da windscreen to the side,the linkage on the wipers is loose hav to replace it :wall:

Back