clicking is driving me mad

F

FLIP

hey all

hoping some of you can help me out with, i have just replaced the coil pack in my 96 wrx, and i was fine for the 7 to 9 miles then it started to back fire and run badly, and when i left it ticking over,it was reving up and down, now i would have tought that where was going think wrong with the new coil pack but its sparking ok,and the strande thing is that every time it rev's up and down there is a sound of a replay clicking beside the dirvers door, and its get worst, very quick.its driving me mad. i have done another 4 miles in it to try and get it home and it nearly was not running by the time i got it back

so if any one has any ideas or help that would be great
thanks

check and see if the coils are fitted in the right order maybe :dunno: having a similar problem with my legacy since i changed the coil packs and my mechanic cant find whats wrong :ponder:

Have you checked the boost solinoid,could it be sticking????
You say it revs up and down,kinda hunting,maybe you MAF is blown???

no its not hunting up and down, there was a coil pack gone in it and i replaced it and it started doing this, then it got worse, so i cheched the coils again and found that another one of them was gone, so replaced that one and it running better now but still back firing a lot and reving around 1500 rpm but only when the replay starts clicking, and it only backfires when its under pressure.

how do i check the boost solinold, to see if it is sticking

does any one out there know if there is any differents between the coil packs for wrx and wagons or any of the other one of that age, all the coil packs seem the same but dont know if there is any differents between them

thanks for your help

this problem started happening, and then caused 2 of the coil pack to stop working, but it only happenes when tha car is hot, when i sit in to the car and start it for the first time its fine of the 2 or 3 miles and then when i warms up it starts back fireing and missing,i have changed the coil packs,

how can i check the boost solinoid

Back