Bonnet vent for my scoob???

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Hey all,

just wondering if its possible to get a vent for my bonnet even though it doesnt have a TMIC, some sort of bolt on jobbie that looks the part. If not, let me know, if yeah, let me know, its a 1.6 TS im driving!!!

nice one lads and ladies!!!

Jonnie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Of course its possible to buy a scoop, it doesn't matter whats under it :thumbsup:

Some of the scoops don't look great, my advice would be to buy a full bonnet of a crashed car, will look the job.

What year is you car?

I fitted a scoop onto my o2 ts(rx) and my 03 TS(rx), just bought an original scoop off a crashed WRX, saved the under side flat (free of any lip and scew hole that made it fit the WXR bonnet) so it fitted flat to the 1.6 bonnet and bonded it on.

If I had have had known better and had the money, I would have bought the whole bonnet and scoop off the crashed car and fitted it as it's a better job.

You might be lucky to that the breakers has the same colour as your car.

I'll PM you the number of a breakers that I know has them.

IMO the bonnet will be too flimsy if you cut out for a scoop....
as the other boys have said try get a 2nd hand one....think chara555 had one for sale but maybe thats sold :ponder: :ponder:
if so try mckeevers or traynors up north!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=7909.msg94742#msg94742 date=1214132031]
What year is you car?

I fitted a scoop onto my o2 ts(rx) and my 03 TS(rx), just bought an original scoop off a crashed WRX, saved the under side flat (free of any lip and scew hole that made it fit the WXR bonnet) so it fitted flat to the 1.6 bonnet and bonded it on.

If I had have had known better and had the money, I would have bought the whole bonnet and scoop off the crashed car and fitted it as it's a better job.

You might be lucky to that the breakers has the same colour as your car.

I'll PM you the number of a breakers that I know has them.
[/quote]

its a 2002, cheers for the number, ill give them a shout in the morning, looking at their website though, they dont seem to have any, ill try a couple of breakers around here, i know theres a couple on the greenhills road, might be lucky!!!!

cheers
jonnie

Back