Looking for advice on getting more power from my Impreza

TommyM

Petrolheads
I have a 98 V4 Impreza Type-R STI. i would like some advice on how to improve my BHP/TORQUE :ponder:

i have fitted these mod's=

-Full exhaust system from turbo back with no cat's
-K&N Induction kit
-Walbro fuel pump
-Apexi power fc ECU

and then i brought the car and had it mapped for irish petrol alone and the result was 280-BHP and 350-TOURQUE

Im now wondering what else i can do with my car before bringing it to be mapped again and try get more power ,is there any more mod's i can do to get more power without removing the engine and having it re-built ect??? :dunno:

This is my first time to modify a car for performance so i would appreciate any advice, thank's lad's :subaru:

Id fit a 18g or 20g Turbo and have her mapped. If you go for a 20g then worth getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and increasing the pressure a little. I think yours is a 99 so 440cc Yellow Injectors ?

Or idealy If budget allows id upgrade to a set of 550cc Injectors.

Damo

[quote author=Renno link=topic=7878.msg94223#msg94223 date=1213963562]
Id fit a 18g or 20g Turbo and have her mapped. If you go for a 20g then worth getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and increasing the pressure a little. I think yours is a 99 so 440cc Yellow Injectors ?

Damo
[/quote]

This is a taught ,id have to pull a fieu € together but id appreciate if you could give me prices on the turbo's,fuel reg and injectors Damo?

what's the diff in an 18g or 20g turbo??

mine is a 98 and has the yellow injectors.

if i do the turbo+fuel reg+injectors and then fit a front mount and then get it mapped again this would give me a fair bit?

thank's!

[quote author=TommyM link=topic=7878.msg94226#msg94226 date=1213964018]

Damo
[/quote]

This is a taught ,id have to pull a fieu € together but id appreciate if you could give me prices on the turbo's,fuel reg and injectors Damo?

if i do the turbo+fuel reg+injectors and then fit a front mount and then get it mapped again this would give me a fair bit?

thank's!
[/quote]

Sorry yeah forgot the year. There isent very much difference in the 18g and 20g and both cost the exact same amount. 20g will go a little further and create a bit more power with maybe a couple 100 rpm later spool, Considering yours is an STi id go for the 20g over the 18g. Great robust turbo and not very expesive at all. I do like the 18g and think its the perfect turbo for a 2.0 Litre but more suited to the likes of a WRX IMO.

Ill pm you the rest of the details. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Renno link=topic=7878.msg94230#msg94230 date=1213965217]
[quote author=TommyM link=topic=7878.msg94226#msg94226 date=1213964018]

Damo
[/quote]

thank's!
[/quote]

Sorry yeah forgot the year. There isent very much difference in the 18g and 20g and both cost the exact same amount. 20g will go a little further and create a bit more power with maybe a couple 100 rpm later spool, Considering yours is an STi id go for the 20g over the 18g. Great robust turbo and not very expesive at all. I do like the 18g and think its the perfect turbo for a 2.0 Litre but more suited to the likes of a WRX IMO.

Ill pm you the rest of the details. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Great Thank's :thumbsup: :smokin:

Back