Turbo timer with alarm

N

Norris!

my car has a MED alarm in it and i want to fit a turbo timer, how will that work out with the alarm?? will i be able to arm the alarm with the turbo timer keeping the car running, or does the timer have to be wired into the alarm to or whats the story with it?? new to all this turbo business :p

As far as i know you cant arm the MED alrm with the car running on the turbo timer. The alarm can only be armed once the car is off.
You can lock the doors with the key while the car is still running but thats about it. Ill PM you the number of a guy i know who fits these alarms.
He knows them inide out!!
Eli :thumbsup:

I fitted a turbo timer to my car with a standard subaru Alarm and I cann't arm it with the car running! The turbo timer I fitted is the blitz one that has a setting that monitor how hard you drive the car so it can range from 20 seconds to 1 minute + this is normaly fine as again I'm finished putting the pole down behind it or just doing general stuff before I head in it's off. If I need it off in a hurry I just let the hand break off and it kills the engine.

I can live with it.

Was about to say the same as dave.

Norris you dont need a Turbo timer. The only thing mine does is stop the gf from driving my car.

Get a Clifford alarm with built in turbo timer. Alarm on, doors locked, car running for 1 minute...perfect.

Same as the others - got a turbo timer - but cant arm alarm until the timer goes off - over 5mins on a run from Kerry to Dublin - as Eli says- lock it up and wait or else fit an alarm with built in timer and remote start - that might work but I'm sure some of the other lads will be able to give you more info..

Back