headache over,for the moment

tractorman

HAVE SOURCED AN ENGINE THE SAME AS THE ONE THAT BLEW,STI V4 IN MCKEEVERS FOR 1300 EURO,DRIVIN UP SATURDAY,INTO THE BACK OF THE MONDEO AND BACK ON THE ROAD WITHIN 2 WEEKS HOPEFULLY.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT ELSE I MIGHT NEED WHILE ENGINE BEING CHANGED.A CLUTCH IS A MIGHT.
ALAN

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=872.msg7086#msg7086 date=1164153019]
Second hand is the worst idea????? :angry: SURPRISED :doh: :doh: :ponder: :ponder:
[/quote]

yep is defo the worst idea but alan feels he has no other option.

Yeah this COULD end up costing you twice Alan. At least a rebuilt one should last, Esp if someone like Garry Emmett is doing it. And like we where saying even the basic Stage 2 short motor from Axis adds up to more then a rebuild by the time your finnished.

I don't know if you have heard of East Coast Customs :headbanger: up north :ponder: But they are doing a full engine rebuild on my car including putting in a srtoker kit and other stuff (which I am supplying) for very cheap!! Standard rebuild with bearings and steel head gaskets might only cost 1200euro. They Know what they are doing too!! Try giving them a call first and ya might have enough left over for a few :guinness:
0044 2892 666555. Colm will sort ya out.

Good luck
Shane

THANKS FOR THAT SHANE,SEEMS VERY CHEAP ALRIGHT.THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF NICE TIME ATTACK SCOOBYS AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER.

MY HEAD IS TOTALLY BUNCHED WITH ALL THE OPTIONS OUT THERE,I KNOW WHAT OPTIONS ARE BEST BUT NOT FOR A BUDGET.IT WOULD BE ALOT EASIER IF I HAD PLANNED A FEW MONTHS AGO ON UPGRADING THE ENGINE ETC,BUT WHEN IT GOES POP ALL OF A SUDDEN COMING UP TO XMAS,FOOK THAT.SORRY KIDS ,SANTA GOT STUCK IN THE NORTH POLE,BUT IT OK BECAUSE DADDY IS HAPPY WITH HIS NEW ENGINE :D

HALF THINKING ,IF IT WORKS OUT TOO EXPENSIVE,TRYING TO SELL THE CAR WITH DICKIE ENGINE.I KNOW I'LL LOOSE MY SHIRT,BUT IT WOULDNT BE THE FIRST TIME WITH A SCOOBY.HAVE MY EYE ON A 98 VOLVO C70 COUPE UPGRADED TO 300BHP FOR ABOUT 8K :cry: :cry:
ALAN

ya can get a good classic shape scooby fir that money.... :subaru: :headbanger: .thats if ya wir a real scooby head to start wi.......
volvos indeed :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Rang them this morning,1200 sterling for rebuild of my own engine,or 1200 sterling for a version 8 reuilt engine and 500 for fitting,uprated bearings and apparently a far stronger engine in the long run ,over the version 4, and fitted with steel gaskets.They also offer a remap for the apexi at 400 sterling on there rolling road.Came across as very knowledgable and confident.Anybody else any experience of East Coast Customs?
ALAN

The East Coast Customs boys will be @ the RDS motor show this weekend coming (2nd&3rd Dec) They usually bring their mechanic along. All really nice blokes. :thumbsup: I'm trusting them with my €10K engine rebuild so they must be good. :worship:
www.eastcoastcustomsonline.co.uk ....They have a few of there projects on there. Very impressive. :shock: A couple of vids too. Worth a look. ;)
I'm not associated with them in any way lads just incase it kind of looks that way. :noway:
They are up north anyway. ;)

:subaru:

Shane ,more than likely going ahead with the sti v8 option,1700 for the rebuilt block and fitting,best offer so far.PBSTI (PHILIP) has a trailer that i can hire for the day and drop the car up.Any idea of how long a drive to E.C.C.would take from Newry?.After Newry i'm lost.
Alan

That was what I was going to go for myself before I decided on the 2.2 build. I'm not exactly sure, how to get there as I haven't been before. Like I said in the other post, They will be at the RDS this weekend or check out their website. The "contact us" link has a bit of a map. The third option, you could call them again... As I'm sure you'll agree they are very sound lads and more than helpful with any queery. :thumbsup: When do you expect to get the ball rolling on it? You'll probably have yours done before me. :cry: I'm just waitin on the last of the parts from Oz. :roll: Plus I'm just sending up the engine and my mate and I are going to put it back in when its ready. :)

[quote author=gojonnyjo link=topic=872.msg7239#msg7239 date=1164331783]
ya can get a good classic shape scooby fir that money.... :subaru: :headbanger: .thats if ya wir a real scooby head to start wi.......
volvos indeed :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
[/quote]

Its ok, we kept him from cheating on his Scooby with a Volvo!!! :D :lol: :dance:

Fook sterling sake,rang to confirm for saturday to drop the car up,Colin rang back with a confirmation that somebody would be there while thet are at the rds,asked to confirm prices and guess what,he quoted wrong prices,not in my favor.Works out about 3,000 for the sti8 block which was the favorite option,he's to ring back tomorrow with the correct price for the rebuild of my own sti 4 block and again the wrong price quoted,guess what,not the 1200 sterling as said. :ponder:
Volvo,now thats a CAR, :shock:
ther has to be cheaper option out there,other than Mckeevers,which nobody agrees with...... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang:

In fairness it woulda been imposible to do it for £1200 sterling. Sure nearly that in parts alone. I just didn't wanna say anything as you woulda thought i was trying to down it or something. i would expect figures around £1900-£2200 STERLING.

Back