coolant

J

johnroake

i cant keep engine coolant in the car, i have to top it up nearly every week, is there a leak some where or is this normal. any help appriciated

could be a small crack in the rad it always happens put 3 rads in the last car.
Only when the car was under load did it leak it was the drivers side of the rad at the bottom.
Have a look :thumbsup:

Hello John,

I've heard that the drivers side of the rad, where it couples with the plastic "tank-end" is a common fault :doh:

As its a "disposable rad" (not repairable), you are IMO best off getting new :thumbsup:

(you do not have to go main dealer, as Keith said check out our sponsors for both standard and up-rated versions) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

is it a big job to get a new one put in. if i fill it up should i be able to see it leaking out or if i rev it up a bit see it coming out more.

Nah its not a big job, i did mine myself in 2 hours, u may as well replace the top and bottom rad hose,s while u have it out.

No handy job few hours take it for a rip push it hard pull over and pop the bonnet thats how i found mine you will see a small bit of steam :thumbsup:
But remember this might not be your prob, best of luck where are you based

Hello John,

You should be able to see the leak...... Give the car a blast & look out for staining on the offside chassis leg / valance.... :whistle:

Cheers,

Michael

based in tipp, im not the most mechanically minded person. but ill have a look, if it isnt the rad, wat else should i be looking out for.

Split pipe, worst case it could be the head can get a quick test done to see if it is your mechanic will do it for you.
Just have a look under the oil cap for a mayo like stuff.

i know that one, no there isnt ay sludgy stuff under the oil cap.

i know its obvious but just check that interior carpet is not wet underneath case its the heater rad
doubt it though...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mine slowly leaked for weeks, the top drivers side of the rad cracked. U will have no trouble changing the rad ur self.

Back