saxo part needed

northdublin

Petrolheads
right lads im after the strut, hub carrier and hub complete for a 2000 saxo vtr. it failed the nct on the whhel bearing twice cause the new bearing damaged the carrier as it was pressed in, now theres even more play on the bearing then there was on the first test. the simplest solution is to replace the whole lot. this is the first time the car has really let me down in the 8 years ive owned it and i want to get it sorted.
ps the car has abs

I'll ring a lad tomorrow!
He might be able to help! :thumbsup:
Dan

I left a message today! No reply yet :?
I'll let you know asap!
Dan

Hi Lmg subaru here if you give me your chassis no i can check and see if we have anything in stock for you cause we are Citroen main dealer as well as Subaru
Cheers
Peter

howy peter....was on to carl during the week, fair play was as helpfull as ever but he said the hub carrier hub and bearing are separate pieces. i got a hub and bearing off ye allready but when they were pressed into the hub carrier it might have done damage to the hub carrier as there is even more play now. so i dont want to throw more money into it for new parts cause im not really sure why the bearing and hub are still moving in the carrier. so the plan was to get a hub carrier with the bearing and hub allready pressed in, but as this cant be got im after a second hand one of a crashed one. now prior to getting a bearing from yourselves i tried one from the motor factors but it turned out to be the wrong size so i went with a genuine one, a place in finglas pressed it in for me but when i put it all back on the car it was as bad as ever.

anyone know of any breakers close to dublin that might have the parts that i need for my citroen. the nct is creeping closer and im anxious to get it done.

I'm afraid I have hit dead ends!
I was told that a fella named george fraine in naas might be able to help (pug and citroen specilist) but I don't have any contact details for him!
Try google him and see what you come up with!
Best of luck man!
Dan

higgins in kilcock dont have a number for them only bout 15 mins past maynooth they should have a few saxo's its a fairly big breakers yard.
good luck :thumbsup:

Back