Exhausts

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Looking into getting a full de-cat hayward and scott exhaust system for my B4. They have offered me a 3.5 inch back box or a 4.5 inch jap style back box. My car already has a 4 inch box on it, not sure what make or anything as it came on it. I do like the size of it but not sure which to go for now. What would you guys recommend? How much noise difference would it make and would there be any performance difference? I have been told that its probably best to go for a full system when changing as i had originally though of just going with the de-cat down and centre pipes and keeping the back box...

Would any of you recommend better sytems to go for or is H&S one of the best on the market?

Well i have a full H&S system and love it,had the 3" b/box then went to the 4.5",noise levels are very different,think the 3" is at 98 decibels,and the 4.5"...not sure but neighbours wont like you around the estates etc etc...

There is a lovely rasp from them when the car is at full throttle.... :D :D

Ye, think i will stick with the 3.5", the 4.5" would probably do my nut after a while and living in an estate with already grouchy neighbours is a pain in the ass. I'll just have to reverse up their drive and blow their feckin house down :lol: :lol:

I agree!
3.5" is plenty big enough! Shouldn't be any performance differance because the rest of the system is 3"
Dan

Back