Squeaky clutch

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
recently noticed when i press in the clutch pedal i get a squeak coming from some part of the clutch/pedal underneath the car, is there any joints etc that could cause this that i could lube to stop it or is it a sign the clutch is on the way out?

I've experienced this in another car, it was my release bearing... happens from resting your foot on the clutch or being in traffic alot :thumbsup:

[quote author=Cill link=topic=7670.msg91131#msg91131 date=1213025842]
I've experienced this in another car, it was my release bearing... happens from resting your foot on the clutch or being in traffic alot :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Im in the same situation with mine!is this a costly job?

its annoying the sh*t outta me!!!

Labour costs are expensive when changin release bearing and while your doin that you'd be as well to do the full clutch

this problem only seems to be here in the first while after driving the car, it would dissappear after about 15 minutes. anything i can grease etc to prevent this?

Mine was doing the some so i recently sprayed in under and around the pedal joints with good old WD40 and it got rid of the squeaking from the clutch :thumbsup:

[quote author=daveR link=topic=7670.msg91153#msg91153 date=1213030812]
[quote author=Cill link=topic=7670.msg91131#msg91131 date=1213025842]

[/quote]

Im in the same situation with mine!is this a costly job?

its annoying the sh1t outta me!!!
[/quote]

As the guys say, you might as well get a new clutch if it is the release bearing, annoyed the sh1t out of me too, makes it horrible to drive in traffic :angry:

I had a smiler problem with my Glanza, it was squeaking for a few weeks, then it started to slip, needed a few clutch :(

Hopefully this is not the case for you. Its not a cheap not on a Subaru, expect to pay €500+ :(

Back