Where to get a steering wheel for my Impreza?? (momo/sparco/ect)

TommyM

Petrolheads
Well Lad's ,i would like to change my standard steering wheel in my 98 Impreza V4 for a nice sparco or momo or maybe something else.
Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy one? Maybe someone in the club sell's them??
Thank's :thumbsup:

Re: Where to get a steering whell for my Impreza?? (momo/sparco/ect)

traders section...

If you have an airbag I wouldnt take it out for safety reasons. You dont want momo embossed on your head :)

Aftermarket steering wheels are nice but putting the airbag wheel back on for the NCT is probably more hassle than its worth.

Will it not get its nct with no airbag?????
Better leave the girlfriend in the car for the next nct so :p

@ keith dublin when i rang the nct about changing the wheel to a sports one on my last car and it had a airbag she said that having no airbag is nothing to do with the nct test and its fine :?

@ tommym in my opinion its not worth the hassle its dangerous if you have a accident and no airbag :noway:

Tommym If it's a Momo original wheel your looking for then you'll get one in euro Auto salvage! PM me for the number! I think they might do New after market stuff to!

the only negative effect the removal of a steering wheel ive come across was with an insurance company, this was in relation to tom walshes in baldoyle as they would not remove the air bag to allow an aftermarket steering wheel to be fitted unless the lad produced a letter from the insuarence company stating he would be covered if it was removed.

[quote author=mark c link=topic=7659.msg91374#msg91374 date=1213094290]
when i rang the nct about changing the wheel to a sports one on my last car and it had a airbag she said that having no airbag is nothing to do with the nct test and its fine :?[/quote]

I really dont think the girl knew what she was talking about. How can you pass an NCT when the second most important safety item has been removed from the car? Makes no sense.

yes if the car comes from factory with no airbag then its not required to have one. If it comes from factory with one then it must have one at the test. Thats been my thinking on it.

Ok i didnt think this threw fully ,never taught about the NCT ect. :doh:
think il just stick with my original momo with airbag :thumbsup:

hers one for ye''s

will the steering wheel from a blob fit a bug ( and vice versa) , reckon it would look the dogs

Yeap direct replacement!

Here's a ProDrive Bug from scoobynet with the Blob Steering wheel!

dave.jpg

dashcomp-hid10use.jpg

g' man eric , yeah seen that scoob b4 but never copped the wheel , some work gone into it, but imo the a-hole in bumper doesnt do it but the dash is mad lookin too. some day

mine has got momo non airbag wheel since it came in from japan so does that mean im fooked come nct time or could i bluff that that model didnt have one .
Photo011.jpg

Back