New exhaust

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
hey all,

decided i need a new back box for me bus, i just want a back box, thats it. i know ive asked before but can anyone recommend the following???

1. what type of back box to go for, ive got a little 1.6 TS, LOL!!!
2. anybody know of someone that can fit it for me??
3. i dont want it too loud but i want to be heard, if you know what i mean, ill have about 300 euros for the whole job, back box and fitting and dont mind travelling to get it done, (carterhonda, you put that idea in me head, cheers by the way for the advice!!!! :D :D)

all advice is much welcomed!!!

nice one
Jonnie

give some of the traders on the site a shout. i got an exhaust for my b4 of damo in street performance. it has a nice deep noise which is not loud at motorway speeds but sound sweet while driving around in 2nd and third. there bolt on so no welding and if your not afraid of getting your hands dirty it should only take about a half hour.

[quote author=northdublin link=topic=7542.msg89438#msg89438 date=1212302438]
give some of the traders on the site a shout. i got an exhaust for my b4 of damo in street performance. it has a nice deep noise which is not loud at motorway speeds but sound sweet while driving around in 2nd and third. there bolt on so no welding and if your not afraid of getting your hands dirty it should only take about a half hour.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, ill give him a shout and see if he can do anything, id never mind getting me hands dirty at all, just wouldnt wanna fook anything up!!!! 8)

Nice one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jonnie

Johnny's scoob is a 1.6, which has a much thinner pipe diameter than the turbo models, I'd the same bother with my old classic wagon - had to weld a cat-back off a wrx onto it!

Twas a good while ago so details are sketchy bu as far as I can remember the exhaust from the cat back came in two sections, and what I did was got the section without the back box from a wrx ( you'll know it cause its bout twice the width of tthe standard pipe!), creased and mig-welded it around the original pipe. Once I was satisfied there was no leaking it then gave me the same size fitment as the other scoobs so I went mental and got myself a blitz nur spec back box for it, sounded gorgeous for a 1.6 :dance:

Back