Rolling Road Day Afterthoughts

Had a great laugh, Nice to see a few new faces. Glad to get a bit of advice on my car before I do harm to it.
Rolll on next sunday.
Cheers
John

Im sure Niallyboy will be along with all the pictures and a report. And I think John has all the results. Dave Lewis's STI had the highest bhp of the day and biggest bhp increase from standard. Whare are those pictures with the EVO Eater card :lol:

wuda likin to stay longer and see a few more runs on the RR but had to get back to work , roll on next Sunday

would have liked to stay longer too but had to get the nipper home..i was very impressed with daves sti 6..i wanna spin in that beast sometime..

I left the results at home :oops: - will post them up later tonight hopefully!
Working off memory, our biggest BHP gains from standard were as follows:
1st Place Dave Lewis +90
2nd Place Fergus Hinds +35
3rd Robert Barnes +14

Dave was the inaugural winner of the very tasteful "ISDC Biggest BHP Gain Perpetual Cup" along with some decent prizes provided by Martin @ Westward Engineering.
It was a very enjoyable day overall, even if I lost 2 toes to frostbite :lol:. Good to meet a few new faces and great to see a big turnout of members and cars.

John

Sorry for being late to reply to this but I made an interesting discovery today .

My car has been detting badly for a while from around 4000 rpm . I did the rolling road to see whether it was caused by too much boost making the car run lean . Martin was able to confirm that the mixture was ok & gave me a few suggestions as to the cause of the detting . Decent guy that he is he even gave me an old MAF to try out in case that was the cause .

Martin wouldn't run the car beyond 4000 rpm as he said the detting was too severe , even though I wanted him to go on . :D I still got a printout from the partial run & the results are very encouraging . Earlier today I found the printout from my last RR run & I was able to compare the results . At 4000 rpm I was up 30 bhp from the last day and if I could've completed the run that would've meant a peak power of 267 bhp ! With the mods I have that is what my bhp should be going by other Legacys with the same mods . That's 70 bhp up on standard so second place could've been mine !

Hopefully I'll have it sorted by the next RR day & I can claim a prize !

Goodman Derek...............but if i see you or
Dave lewis at the next RR chances are i might let the air
out of yer tyres :headbanger: :headbanger:

Niall. :D

Back