Car Trailer - how do other people get their track cars down??

Cill

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi guys,

I have myself a 96 WRX for the track and dont; really want to fork out for insurance or tax so looking to bring it down on a trailer..

Anyone know where I might pick one up :ponder: , looking for a cheap as possible :roll:

nice one people :thumbsup:

Having looked at a few prices on trailers, I was wondering how other people who have dedicated track cars get theirs down??? Does everyone end up forking out a grand on a trailer or just get insured for the day and pay 3 months tax???

Anby help is appreciated :thumbsup:

[quote author=lishagh link=topic=7523.msg89175#msg89175 date=1212161649]
a grand for a trailer???????????? :shock:

it wont be much of a trailer for a grand :roll:
[/quote]

Thanks for making me feel even worse :(

I've only just started looking for one, had a spy through ebay and found one or two at that price.

Car I have is only worth a couple of grand so I don;lt really want to be spending much... any suggestions??

buy a A FRAME it tow s cars with no one steerring the second vehicle goole search suppilers and you tube to see how works :thumbsup:

Is towing a 4 wheel drive not bad for the diff's?? Think the car needs to be completely lifted off the ground.

Why would it be bad for the diff,its running freelly under no stress,i dont think it would be a problem.... :dunno:

I think there is something about making sure the DCCD is in the free position, remember reading it somewhere :dunno:

Yeah that would make more sense,prob if you left it in say 60/40 or so it mite make it harder to turn maybe,but like you say if you leave in the middle,or "free" position iam sure it would be grand... :pray:

Thanks again guys, never considered the AWD would cause a problem.... lets hope it doesn't :pray:

I think I'm going to end up using a 94 1.4 civic to tow it :lol: so I'm hoping for few issues as possible :pray: :pray:

[quote author=b4heaven link=topic=7523.msg93472#msg93472 date=1213782274]
i rent a trailer for trackdays its the easiest solution :thumbsup:
[/quote]

How much does it work out to rent a trailer or is it from a mate ?

I think you can only tow an AWD under 30mph for a certain distance or something like that, The AA lads might know. :ponder:

Damo

[/quote]

Be interested in that myself, could be a better option... :ponder:

Where do you get them, how much???

Cheers

[quote author=Renno link=topic=7523.msg93493#msg93493 date=1213788524]
[/quote]

How much does it work out to rent a trailer or is it from a mate ?

I think you can only tow an AWD under 30mph for a certain distance or something like that, The AA lads might know. :ponder:

Damo
[/quote]
I would be wary of front-lifting an AWD vehicle, as having the rear wheels rolling with the front ones stationary may cause serious gearbox damage - heard recently of an evo being fronted only a short distance, now needs a new box. As for flat towing, Id say with everything loose and neutral, 50km@50km/h :thumbsup:

forget bout front or rear lift...guaranteed damage
total lift or as scoobydel says 50km@50km ph..
its a total lift with AA....i would not take a chance with someones motor
prob not much help but there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=7523.msg93552#msg93552 date=1213799358]

Sam hire 25 euro for the weekend :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Sweet deal Paul, appreciated :thumbsup:

Fooked if I'm buying an a-frame now!

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=7523.msg93552#msg93552 date=1213799358]

Sam hire 25 euro for the weekend :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thats for nothing sure. Handy to know.

Damo

most hire places charge bout 70 yoyo's but it does be well worth it i usually collect the trailer sunday evening load it up and then drop it back on monday evening

I rented that one about a year ago and thats how much then
just rang them there out of curiosity and it and it is now 35 euro a day which is still good IMO.

Back