maf sensor help

S

scoobymad

I need to get a maf sensor for my 96 wrx jap impreza. The one that is on it is a orange label No. 22680 AA271 A36-612 R71. I have been told by jap part that this is from a Type R impreza and they can't sorce one. The only thing that i can think of is that somebody Changed the engine because my car is definately a wrx. Would i damage my engine if i fitted a green label No.5509D 22660AA160 as i think this is the one that should be fitted to a wrx.

Yes you prob stand a good chance of causing damage,as your ecu is set to that maf,have you checked you ecu to see which one it is??maybe that has been changed too???
euro auto salvage usally have older cars about up there,have you tried them???

how would i check if the ecu has been changed? I have seen it but it looks original is it possible that it could be chipped or is the car too old for that?

If the standard ECU is chipped it will usually have a sticker of the chip manufacturer across where the ECU comes apart so that if the ECU is opened the sticker will rip in two. Check the ECU for anything that looks out of the ordinary.

Back