wats needed for remap

sti2drcoupe

Sunday Drivers
hows it going everyone cud anyone tell me wat exactly i need to get for a remap :dunno: i know i need an power fc im also getn an exhaust and downpipe is ther anything else i need i have a vers 4 sti ta very much :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru:

Re: what's needed for remap

an uprated fuel pump - walbro (renno has them :ponder:)
decat downpipe
some new spark plugs :dunno:

the rest of the lads will give ya more ideas :thumbsup:

Yeah the first step for tuning is remap (power fc/ecutek/simtek) combined with decat exhaust and uprated fuel pump and higher temp spark plugs. You might as well throw in a performance panel filter too (not an oily one though).

Check out the traders section
One of them will sort you out :thumbsup:
Dan

Gimme a shout if I can help you with anything, You can get the Apexi power fc from Japan for VERY little money these days. Or like one of the lads said there are a few options.

Damo

Oh and as Brian has said K+N or Green Cotton would be my choice, and IMO avoid ITG like the plague.

Damo

much appreciate the advice lads and renno il buzz u in the am and have a chat bouts prices tanx :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=Renno link=topic=7493.msg88960#msg88960 date=1212096598]
Gimme a shout if I can help you with anything, You can get the Apexi power fc from Japan for VERY little money these days. Or like one of the lads said there are a few options.

Damo
[/quote]

wat site do you use to get these for very little money. ive been looking and they are still costing 700-1000.

[quote author=Renno link=topic=7493.msg88965#msg88965 date=1212097130]
Oh and as Brian has said K+N or Green Cotton would be my choice, and IMO avoid ITG like the plague.

Damo
[/quote]

My personal choice would be K&N :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=7493.msg90006#msg90006 date=1212547282]
[quote author=Renno link=topic=7493.msg88965#msg88965 date=1212097130]

Damo
[/quote]

Fair play knocking the new trader in classic style........... :roll: :roll:
committie support all the way............

My personal choice would be K&N :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[/quote]

If you have a look I posted this before the new trader mentioned anything about ITG, Thats just my opinion and has been for years, Nothing to do with the committee :roll:

Im sure Urban Performance find them great and maybe they have changed in the years since Ive seen one but they just are not my choice of filter for a Subaru. Nothing more then that im afraid.

Green or K+N would be my choice also, And there quite cheap to. If anyone is looking for one Westward eng are the Irish K+N Dealer.

I sell neither so can give an unbiased opinion.

Here is a thread from 2006 where I said the same regards ITG. Only an opinion but im not going to change it to suit.

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=918.0;highlight=itg

Damo

Damo
[/quote]

Surely you should give CDA a mention as they are official Apexi Distributors then advising people to go the no warranty no comeback route if anything went wrong? :dunno:. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=7493.msg90137#msg90137 date=1212595189]

Damo
[/quote]

Surely you should give CDA a mention as they are official Apexi Distributors then advising people to go the no warranty no comeback route if anything went wrong? :dunno:. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Yep you get a warranty with CDA alright. Buying from Japan can be a little more risky but the Apexi is so reliable theres a good chance nothing will go wrong with it. Thats a choice the person buying it needs to think about.

You'll need something other than being a student cause I know I cant afford it!!!!! lol :thumbsup: :dance: :thumbsup:

Back