Knock sensor???

collieno

Petrolheads
I have a 95 import wrx impreza. When the car is cold and starts up the engine check light will come on. After about 20 seconds it will go out and then after about 20 mins it will come on again. I have coded it and it is coming up that its the knock sensor. Would just changing the sensor do the job or does this mean it has to be remapped?

Thanks in advance

How long have you had the car? Theres a possibility the damage has been done, OR you may just have a faulty sensor. Maybe consider having a knocklink fitted, as this will detect any pinging going on in the engine and give you peace of mind too.

Had the car about the 8 months, has had intermittent problems with it. The engine coolant temperature sensor was faulty so had to change that, now the knock sensor is playing up. Does it sound like it could be just a faulty sensor?

Sounds like a faulty knock sensor to me. Had the same problem with my 98 type R.
Changed the sensor and reset ecu by disconnecting the negative side of the battery for about 10 min.
Did the job. no problems since.
Cost either 90 or 100euro i cant remember from Subaru

Not sure if its located in the same place as on my car but mine is on the engine block if you look down in front of the intercooler, probably 10 inches down. Bas@ard to reach without removing intercooler.

Back