what oil?

ashscoob

Petrolheads
lads my cars in for nct saturday week...!

have got some ngk 7b's for her

was just wondering what oil would ye best recommend?

She's fairly standard...
03 sti uk
original downpipe and just a back box and centre section :ponder:

any advice welcome :thumbsup:
i'm not sure wether to go fully synthetic or semi :dunno:

halfrauds do mobil 1 fully synth 15w50 for 64 squid 5 litres..probably only better oil would be motul

Definitely synthetic.
Motul 15w50
Some people use also Millers 10w60
Mobil1 5w50 should be also fine.
I think actually that if you don't push too hard, you can also use simply something like 5w40 - but definitely synthetic.

I'd say go fully synth as with the suggestions above and you'll be fine. I remember hearing before that the ACEA and API codes are important to check as well as the viscosity.

Out of curiosity, is 15W50 'thin' enough to provide good protection when cold starting?

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=7432.msg87956#msg87956 date=1211550788]
I use Castrol Edge 10W 60
[/quote]

Brian had that in before the motul and reccommended it too

Everybody always says 15w50 but I think that that's overkill for normal everyday driving. I would imagine u lose some of the cold start protection too... just my opinion. :)
I'll be using Motul 5w40 fully synth for my next change. Used Mobile1 5w30 the last time.

Ive been using Motul oil the last couple years and IMO is one of the the best, Id use 10-40 or 15-50. Its pricy but great oil.

Damo

I think Subaru use 10w40 in their garages which is fine but for modified or heavy right foot drivin use 15w50.
Ive used Mobil 1, 15w50 fully synthetic once and had no problems.
On my second change of Motul 15w50 now and it seems to be a good oil, no problems with it so worth the money in my opinion :thumbsup:

Back