Spec C Blobeye bhp

Fathertedc

Sunday Drivers
Lads,
I have read in some places that the spec c cars are 320BHP. But I thought the limit was 276 from japland.
Also is it just the spec c type RA that has the 320 ?

just a bump...
I am still wondering if the Spec C cars are 320bhp or is it just the S202 and S203.
Does anyone on the board own a S202 ?

No one owns an S202 or s203 but mick spec C has a MY06 spec C and a MY06 S204 he'll be able to answer any question you have when he logs on! I'll have a look and see what I can fine.

Info on the S203

The S203 was billed as the ultimate development of the WRX STi road car, with special engine tuning (including a new turbo, ECU, hand-balanced internal components, high-performance silicone rubber air intake hoses, a sports catalytic converter and lightweight muffler, and an oil cooler) taking power up to 320PS and torque up to 310lbft. The chassis was uprated via adjustable struts, stiffer lowered springs, pillow ball bushings and aluminium links on the rear suspension, a beefier anti-roll bar, revised discs, a power steering oil cooler and Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres on 18" BBS forged alloys. The body was given a carbon front underskirt, an adjustable rear wing, HID lights, tinted glass, silver mesh grille and special badging. Inside, Recaro seats in grey matched the door trim, interior surfaces were painted black, there was a 260kph speedo, STi floormats and a special gearshift trim ring that carried the car's serial number. Usually finished in Crystal Grey, it was also available in Solid Red, Pure White or WR Blue. She was 320Bhp alright.

The MY03 Spec C

This year's Spec C was available in 2 guises, the more expensive version had 17" ten-spoke BBS wheels, a driver controlled centre diff with automatic mode, Suretrac front and mechanical rear differentials and a quicker steering rack. The cheaper option had 16" steel wheels covering the less powerful brakes, a driver controlled centre diff without automatic override and basic seats. In April 2003 a Spec C Limited became available, extras included power windows ,air conditioning, central locking, colour coded power mirrors, special seat material and centre panel finish, black door trim, a leather gearknob with matching handbrake cover, a rev indicator and an aluminium pedal set. These were limited to 1000 cars.

coldn't find Power figures for the Spec C but it would have been around 300-320Bhp alright.

But don't forget these figure would have been with the car running on Jap 101 octain fuel, so with our fuel the power would be down and you'd have to do some slight mods to get it back up. (Full exchaust and remap would see it in and around 330bhp.

Here a link to Mick Spec C's car where you find a list of mods that he did to get his estimate 330Bhp.

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=6576.0

I kow it's a know car but power wise they where not far off each other.

Hope this helps! :subaru:

thanks Eric. I am hoping to change car before the end of the year and want to make sure i get the right one.
I probably wont be able to afford the S203 so its between a 2003(blobeye) STi Spec C and a 2002(bugeye) S202....

info on the S202

Even more hardcore than the Spec C was the S202 that made its debut in May 2002. It had a highly tuned engine and a modified ECU, silicone intake ducting, a special exhaust system (part titanium) and an aluminium oil cooler. Power was up to 320PS at 6400rpm achieving better performance at the top end of the rev band.

Bodywork changes included projector headlights, a carbonfibre rear wing, foglamp covers and S202 emblems at front and rear. The interior had black seats with the STi logo, special door trim and centre console finish, an aluminium pedal set, blue-faced gauges and a numbered plaque limited to 400 models.

Davelegacy has a blobeye spec c for sale, drop him a pm if you're looking for one of them.

Back