Risk of upgrading head unit

doggy

ISDC Club Member
Just looking for your opinion and experience here lads. I had a good Pioneer head unit (DEH-7600MP) in my last car and loved it - sound quality was so good compared to factory. Since buying the scoob, I miss the quality of an aftermarket head unit and am so tempted to upgrade it. The only thing is I'd be afraid that it'd attract the wrong sort of attention and some opportunist may be tempted to do a smash and grab. I know for a fact I'd regret it if i woke up some morning to see the window smashed for the stereo since I'm not huge into ICE. All the same it would be nice to have that aftermarket quality again. What's your experience, is the increased risk of vandalism/damage worth it? Have many of you upgraded and have you seen any increased risk of damage as a result?

i think that day off radio robbing is gone. :pray:

hope i dont chinx myself now but have a alpine in my car and a 7inch flip out dvd head unit in my 106 and its never been touched

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=7391.msg87358#msg87358 date=1211387248]

hope i dont chinx myself now but have a alpine in my car and a 7inch flip out dvd head unit in my 106 and its never been touched
[/quote]

Where are you living again Keith - An Alpine you say :lol: :nana:

As the lads say just get a face-off radio, people won't know what ya have in the car & most likely not to bother even trying to take it without the face.

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=7391.msg87358#msg87358 date=1211387248]

[/quote]
I wouldnt say that a mate of mine left his car in Cookstown beside the hospital, they broke 2 windows and stole his head unit.

He said its been happening alot around that area, so heads up for you lot

Anyway just buy a face off and you'll be grand.

Roger that buy a Face off unit and you'll be grand, always stick it in your back pocket every time you get out of the car, my Missus used to
throw hers in the glove box(i've done it too, or under the seat) but some scumbags pulled the door off and got into her little car, only for i saw them and let a roar at them.
They dropped it and ran. She's very lucky she still has it now. I had the surrond on it sprayed pink, they robbed that. Weirdo's. Ya can't have anything.

Back