Couple of questions on brakes

B4_RSK

Petrolheads
Just on my way into work this morning and was late so was driving a bit hard,won't say where the needle finished :whistle: anyway when i pressed the brake the car felt like and sounded like it was goin over rumble strips :dunno: didnt have this prob in my old leggy and thought it myt be down to the 4 pots on the front,can anyone clear this up??cheers :thumbsup:

Also is it possible to change the rear caliper for the 2 pot front one?? :ponder:

Warped brake discs :dunno:

I had the same problem recently, changed discs & pads & problem sorted.

Sounds like it was the ABS.....
The ABS on my old B4 used to kick in if the ground was a bit uneven.....

Alan.

Cheers lads :thumbsup: i'm treating her to a nice shiney set of stoptech discs and stainless steel brake lines soon :D hopefully that'll sort her out :headbanger:

noticeda similar issue with mine this morning braking hard, got some rumbling noise and vibration coming from the brakes. How much do the Stoptech's cost and where can i get them? what causes warping?

Couture Autos are doing stoptech discs Dan :thumbsup:

Why do they warp? Just overheating from too many hard brakings really.

Does sound a lot like ABS alright! If you brake lightly from speed and still feel a slight rumbling then i'm afraid it more than likely is your discs mate but that vibration when you stand on the pedal is normal in a car with ABS, its the actuator going brake-release-brake-release really quickly.

Back