Rattle In My Legacy

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Hows it going lads,Have a 99 legacy b4 and when driving at low rpm say pulling awaying in 2nd at 1200-1500rpm everthing as normal but at about 2000rpm I get quite a loud rattle coming from the car.It could'nt be the heat sheilds on the downpipes as they were rusting of the car so I removed them and heat wrapped them.

Now the clutch was recently done and I have been under the car checked all is well and everthing seems to be tightened up ok. . .so I'm lost anyone have any experience with this??

Thanks lads

ive this also.....not really noticable but in my case its a little bit of the heatsheild on the downpipes i think. have a look at the heat sheild that fits to the underneath of the car and any of the panels around the sump that might have been removed to gain access during a service ect

Ihave this noise too. Not the loudest noise but can be heard at low revs. Must be something with the B4's! :thumbsup:

Lads I'd say it's the CAT starting to break up! "This would sounds like stones in a can!"

Probably 100% completely unrelated but have you guys had your timing belts done? I had a noise the same as descibed and has gone away since I did the timing belt, tensioner and 2 of the gears. Probably completely unrelated because i've no idea how the timing belt would cause this but just said i'd throw it out there

i had the the same problem with my impreza i took off the heatshield at the down pipe because one of the bolt broke off as it was rusted but it was still there so i checked the rest of them and itb was the shield at the cat it got pushed up against it i just bent it back away from it and it fine rattle was gone id check all them

same thing is happening to my type r when i rev it on idle at 3000 rpm up to 4000 rpm it rattles down around the turbo area i checked the turbo heatshield and its tight when im driving 1st 2nd gear it rattles at 3000 rpm and sometimes taking off dont know what it is :ponder: :dunno:

Sorry should have said that I think it's the CAT because it happened to my 98 Impreza Turbo! Really noticeable when revs are dropping!

:ponder: sounds odd alright,haven't come across it myself in either of my leggys but always keep an open ear for new rattles and squeeks(i blame my first car for that :lol:)

Cheers lads at least I'm not alone No the timing belt has'nt been done yet but it just came in to once the clutch was done and all the heat and that have been disturbed

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=7307.msg86356#msg86356 date=1211115145]
Probably 100% completely unrelated but have you guys had your timing belts done? I had a noise the same as descibed and has gone away since I did the timing belt, tensioner and 2 of the gears. Probably completely unrelated because i've no idea how the timing belt would cause this but just said i'd throw it out there
[/quote]

think d bearings goin in the pre tensioners/idling pulleys and are supposed to be changed every second timing belt change. as for yer rattle lads. check d stone guards behind ur brake discs too, the mountings can get rusted and break and vibrate/rattle abit.

Back