Car Valet/Detailing section

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
As above, where lads could get tips on products to use and guides on how to remove scratches etc, how to valet their cars properly and how to remove swirl marks and the like...
There are a few lads on here now that seem really into it so maybe? What do you think?

yeah i interested
my cars black and its a b***** to clean and keep clean.....like to know what equipment other guys use and methods to keep the finish...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great idea, I would like to see how others tackle there cars after a long drive or mud bath :evil:

Would be very useful :thumbsup:

good link paulo :thumbsup:

tells ya everything you would want to know.

i buy all the platinum turtle wax range off products.

they make the car turn out a peach afterwards. :shock:

I was kind of thinking along the lines of people posting their own so people could then compare products, give advice and the like. I know DaveR seems really into it and from the sounds of it he's quite good, and also Brocks who has just joined from scoobyireland and has some great threads there. Its something i am into (but not very good at) and it would be good for people to show off their work

Could'nt agree more with ya Blacklegacy(all though i dunno about me being that good at it :lol:)

I remember doing a full detail on the scooby just before x-mas!then i brought it to the cork meet the next day and some of the lads were amazed of the shine from it!!i tried to explain,with Niall, what i did to it but i think he was a little confused!

Id love to see a full on propper Detailing section on the site as there are a sh*t load of gorgeous cars here which could be even nicer with the introduction to the world of detailing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great idea :thumbsup:

actually enjoy cleaning my car myself but a bucket of water and good car shampoo followed by a spray on wax is as far as it goes for me :dunno:

would love to hear peoples suggestions, tips. products they use etc :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoob07 link=topic=7280.msg86045#msg86045 date=1210958417]
great idea :thumbsup:

actually enjoy cleaning my car myself but a bucket of water and good car shampoo followed by a spray on wax is as far as it goes for me :dunno:

would love to hear peoples suggestions, tips. products they use etc :thumbsup:
[/quote]

But do you use two buckets, one for rinsing the sponge off before you put it back in the shampoo one.
This prevents the paint getting scratched by the dirt washing around in the dirty water and going back on the sponge. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

But do you use two buckets, one for rinsing the sponge off before you put it back in the shampoo one.
This prevents the paint getting scratched by the dirt washing around in the dirty water and going back on the sponge. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

So thats what the two bucket wash means, have always read about people doing it but never figured out what it meant :oops:

hey lads i am a valeter working in a garage with the last 10 years so if ye want any advice with products etc just give me a shout. :thumbsup:

I think this is a great idea, I'm only getting into 'detailing' myself but I've got some great advice off the Car Care section on Scoobynet. That guy Clark from Polished Bliss in Aberdeen is a genius.

Check out www.detailingworld.co.uk for more....

PS A dedicated Car Care/valeting section might attract the likes of detailer.ie on as a trader or might entice some car care suppliers into giving a club discount/group buy

took most of the day to valet a car that wasnt really dirty
wonder what sort of bucks you pay for the whole job?????
:shock: :shock:

anyone know bout the claybar??.....is it bought in the different car colours..ie black clay bar for a black painted car...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The clay bar is a standard white/gray colour and can be used on any colour car!cut it into 3 pieces as you shouldnt need to use a full bar on one car!
squeez it and extend it between your hands,use PLENTY of lubrication(meguires ''quick detailer'' spray is good enough) and rub gently against the car!When the bar gets dirty,fold and knead it to a clean side!also get yourself a Microfibre cloth!these are much better than cotton towels or rags! :thumbsup:

any sites or shops in ireland sell the proper equipment or is most of that stuff got in uk or u.s???
:dunno: :dunno:

Back