Fitting lowering Springs

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Anyone have any idea how much i should pay to get a set of the STI springs that came in the boot of my Legacy fitted? Don't really have the tools or equipment to fit them myself(or patentience!) What are the pro's and cons of fitting lowering Springs to factory shocks?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=7262.msg85625#msg85625 date=1210797443]
Anyone have any idea how much i should pay to get a set of the STI springs that came in the boot of my Legacy fitted? Don't really have the tools or equipment to fit them myself(or patentience!) What are the pro's and cons of fitting lowering Springs to factory shocks?
[/quote]

Pro's: better handling as centre of gravity changes! Looks a lot better to!

Cons: Ramps if you go to low but Springs would normally be fine!

Fitment- Give Davelegacy a shout he'll sort them out for you!

cheers Eric, think the springs are only a 20mm drop so ramps shouldnt be a problem. I had coilovers on my last car, while they handled great and looked the dogs it was way too uncomfortable scraping every second ramp. Have the car in with Dave on Saturday, might see if he has time to do the springs too!

Disclaimer: I could be talking crap here but.....

Shorter springs on standard shocks will put more constant pressure on them so they wont last as long. (shock will be compressed more often and under greater loads)

uprated shocks and springs are a good set up :thumbsup: my brother has a koni suspension fixed ride height and he can turn the shocks to make it stiff or soft good job

There a lot of lads here with Spings on standard shock and they have no problems!

I'm sure there is more pressure on the standard shocks alright but the don't lower your car to much so there wouldn't be a major amount of pressure that would damage the shock I don't think!

I fit my shocks and Lowering spring today! Well the back ones in any way, I'll do the front ones tomorrow if I get a chance!

I'm sure that Dave has had experiance with spring before so he might best advise you!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=7262.msg85625#msg85625 date=1210797443]
[/quote]

Didnt you say your uncle owns the garage you bought your car from :?

Yes true, could get over there some weekend, but would probably end up fitting them myself as all my cousins working there are lazy gits and dont work weekends for free!! :angry: ive never changed springs before so i wouldn't be 100% confident doing them myself. its a lot easier to do coilovers as i did on my last car.

I did it once before and its dangerous working with springs. So be careful. Have you got spring clamps?

Did it once before.....well my mate did it & I was his glamorous assistant. Not the most difficult job in the world, spring clamps are a must-have, and daves estimate of 1.5 hrs per corner but be near enough spot on I reckon.

Back