nct failure

GORDON GT SERIES II

Club Treasurer
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
lads had my car in for the test today it failed on emissions and a few other bits he said it could be the cats he reckons there is a slight misfire only had the engine rebuilt about 3-4 weeks ago and the timing might be off if anyone has any ideas it would be great cheers lads also he said maybe change the plugs and possibly leads

the plugs might need to be changed, when did you change them last :ponder: are the emissions very high if they are it could be a lamda sensor :ponder:

it could be any of these

could be a blow in the exhaust system ( oxygen getting in the exhaust caused by a tiny hole) causing higher emissions :dunno

downpipe gasket leaking

did you stop using octane boost for the nct

hope you sort it out :thumbsup:

Hi, mine failed on its emission's the 1st time, slight leak in the exhaust i also added an additive which reduce's the emisions( i know its kinda cheating,
can't remember its name) but did the job. Sailed throught. Gonna get another bottle next year just incase. :p

Think its called diptane or somethin like that,works wonders for gettin cars to pass emission tests :D :D :D

:D Yep thats the very stuff. poured half a bottle into a full tank and she flew through it. Beep beep.

Where do you get that stuff!
Mine is for the NCT on tuesday!

I got bottle of stuff in a Motor factor's right opposite the Square in Tallaght, they might still have some. Or any decent place
might sell it too, Halford could be worth ringing maybe. Come on Cheaters! :D

nice one for that lads the emissions are way out the hc level is up a good bit ill change the plugs and see if that cures it if not a set of leads

Hi Gordon, give Ian byrne a call "045-893718", he can test the car and tell you whats up, he helped with mine about a month ago, Lamda sensor was all mine needed, €252 from subaru, the car runs a fair bit better now as well.

nice one fergus appreciate that one of the guys in work is going to do a test on it monday and see hopeflly its just a lambda sensor rather than the cats priced them off c & r the other day 1200 euro for the two money i dont wanna be spending at least not that much anyway

Back