Stolen/Recovered Legacy GT

J_K

I don't know if anybody else has seen it but I spotted a 96 gt going cheap.

Problem is it was stolen and recovered.

Ignition damage, Seats, exhaust and airflow meter are missing too. Its tempting as I could afford to spend the money to put it right but how likely is it the engine is bolloxed? If stolen its quiet possible it's been driven hard, with no airflow meter its not possible to hear it running either (apparently) Would there be any way to guage the condition of the engine or would it just be a stab in the dark?

If you were going to buy it then I'd budget for new engine - and if it turns out that the engine is ok then you have more money in your pocket.....

Alan.

How much would you be talking for a replacment engine? Its the auto box so I presume thats fine, they're pretty tough like.

imo...i'd steer clear of it pal....
there may be more than that missin once you really check it over
plenty of other nice ones on the market
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Has to be worth it for that money if you have the time and the space to work on it,you could pick up a cheep engine if i had the space and the time it would be mine ;)

I just don't know if I'd have the paitence if it required major work as I need something to replace my car soon. I also notice there's 1 alloy missing too off the back. I could make a good project for someone, if they got lucky it might not even require that much work.

:lol: I'd be less inclined to love an automatic and therefore more likely to drive it harder.

Back