wurring sound

sti2drcoupe

Sunday Drivers
just wonderin any one in the clane area or surrounding area cud hav a look or mite knw wat tis is wen im driving there a wurring sound coming wen im driving i think its a wheel bearing in fact i hope it is a wheel beering and nutin serious it b much appreciated tanx :thumbsup:

Whats a "wurring sound"???

If its sounds like a whine then it could be a bearing,if you can hear which wheel its comming from,then jack the car up and if you hold the wheel one hand at the top and one the bottom and kinda shake the wheel if it moves then its the bearing...

Does this sound happen after a hard drive or get worse the longer the run or harder you drive the car?
Its possible its your power steering pump, mine makes this noise. Its a sign its on its way out.
Only problem is a new one costs €560, although a second hand one is about €100 if you can get your hands on one.

cheers for the replies peoples ill check everyting you's said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=7193.msg84588#msg84588 date=1210508408]
I've heard people say car torque is good, and do recommend them, well as long as its the same clane
[/quote] im in clane in kildare[quote author=Scoobyke link=topic=7193.msg84593#msg84593 date=1210510736]
Whats a "wurring sound"???

If its sounds like a whine then it could be a bearing,if you can hear which wheel its comming from,then jack the car up and if you hold the wheel one hand at the top and one the bottom and kinda shake the wheel if it moves then its the bearing...
[/quote] il try that thanks[quote author=markobucko link=topic=7193.msg84605#msg84605 date=1210514004]
could be from the diff also....
check the oil level in the box...
:cry: :cry:
[/quote] hope its not the diff ill check thanks [quote author=Matt link=topic=7193.msg84649#msg84649 date=1210527701]

Does this sound happen after a hard drive or get worse the longer the run or harder you drive the car?
Its possible its your power steering pump, mine makes this noise. Its a sign its on its way out.
Only problem is a new one costs €560, although a second hand one is about €100 if you can get your hands on one.
[/quote]it happens wen im driving it comes and goes but goes then i can hear it on a new smooth road really well it does mehead in

Back