Speedo Stopped Working ???

it could be the sensor leading to the speedo is gone, or the unit itself.
if its the sensor thats handy enough BUT if its the unit a new one will cost ya about 900 note new thats for a 98 classic...
or you could do what I did, remove the plastic cover in front of the speedo and roll the needle back every time it rolls off the clock :D

Have one there but need to know the year they sent me a v4 but it wont fit need v5 or 6 if the old one fits its yours to take away :thumbsup:

Just keeping it warmed up!

A run up and down the drive way!

Surly I wasent speeding guard.Me speedos broke and didnt i allready learn me lesson guard.

:smokin:

Mine is gone a bit crazy as well, the needle is shooting all over the place.... Don't have a clue whats up with it lol

That's what mine started doing a few weeks back.

Hey Keith MY99 STI TypeR V4 :thumbsup:
If that is the faulty part i definitly take if off you.

PM me with price and i can sort ya out

Niall.

If it fits you can have for free :thumbsup:
The speedo runs off the gear box (Driver side top of the box)
There is a pulg at the end of it where it plugs into the main loom have a look at it as they suffer from dirt and corrosion
Well thats what is wrong with mine if i bend the wires going into the plug it works for a few days,got a used one in the uk 45 std
If you want the other one just let me know :thumbsup:

If thats the problem I can collect and drop down to you.Bit spare time on me hands at moment and car could do with the run

:smokin:

Good man Carlo,anything to get away from her indoors a man after me own heart :thumbsup:

Gonna have to find the fooking thing now :lol:

Yeah I just push the speedo needle now and it works :lol:
if it is the sensor in the gear box and you dont need the keiths old one...keith... mate buddy chum pal.. I give ya a slab of beer for it :lol:

happened to my car a while back, needle went crazy for ages then finally stoppet altogether. speedo cable broke, lower part, where it goes into the gearbox.

Back