Coolant

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

This might sound like bit of a stupid question, but how do you check the coolant level in a classic Impreza? I can't see any markers on the bottle...... And its in a very enclosed area. Just wondering if there is a trick to it lol.....

Cheers

Regards,
Stephen.

Yeah its strange, no measurements on the side of the bottle and you can only see the coolant if you take the top off :dunno:

Is it not the header tank that you should make sure is full? AFAIK thats the highest point so you would see if its low? And just that the coolant is between the lines in the bottle?

Yeah your right the header tank is the place to fill it but the calibration mark is on the bottle neck behind the passenger head light :thumbsup:

I think you put it into the header tank. The other bottle is for an overflow/expansion I think.

whenever i fill up my header tank in the classic, it always comes out the bottom after a bit of a run, don't understand whats going on, temperture gauge reads all fine!

The other is just an over flow, but i found out from extensive experience... that it is a reservoir aswell, ie. if the header tank is low it will (under suction) take fluid from the reserve tank. What I always done was fill up the reserve tank/over flow tank to the full level and than fill the header tank. Because if you just fill the header tank some of the fluid is inclined to flow into the over flow tank and therefoe leave you refilling the header tank over and over and over and over and over again. I had alot of experience/problems with my cooling system so I kind of know it inside out at this stage. Rule of thumb, just fill both reservoirs and your grand! :thumbsup: :subaru:

Back