Clock not working

CARLO

CLOCK(TIME) has stopped working.Am sure its only a fuse.

Any one know what one on bug i should check.Everything else seems to be working ok.

Thanks in advance

CARLO

It's in the Fuse panel located in the engine compartment!

It's numbered 12 in the manual!

It's the futherest right of four small fuses that are in a row at the top nearest the front window just below two big Fuses!

It is also the fuse for the interior light on the uk models so I'd say it's the same in the JDM's

If your Interior light is out also defo the a fuse blown!

Thanks Eric only seen this now.

Interior lights - ones over dash/head unit working.
one in middle of car removed but roof screen working and lights also.

Clock might just be ducked.

:smokin:

mine's not working either (01 bug) but it has come on every now and then, looks like a loose connection. Yours might be the same carlo :ponder:

same in my 01 Bug eye, was flickering on and off for a while then went altogether about 9 months ago and hasn't come back (i think i offended it).

Definately not a fuse, i reckon its a loose connection somewhere down the centre console cos i checked the connection to the back of the clock itself.

the clock in mine never worked since I got it !
I buzzed it out with a multimeter and there was no prob with the wiring! possibly a thing with those clocks
I've a triple pod there now anyway ! 8)

Mack

i had the same problem with my bug just in the last couple of weeks, clock was coming on and off and now is off... i have hit it a few times and it makes no difference so i dont think its a loose connection..

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=7117.msg158972#msg158972 date=1235250993]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:smokin: mine gone also 02 bug, geezer on ebay reconditions em or new 1 4 fifty yoyos
[/quote]

Hi Folks,
My clock was the same (01 bugeye). Gave up about 6 months ago. Hod enough of been late so said I'd have a look to see if it was something simple. It's an easy job if ya can hold a soldering iron. Pop out the clock and take it apart. It shi# simple. You will find a small circuit board at the back of the clock. Just be careful as there are some plastic clips that need to be persuaded to let go. Look for cracked solder joints. My was a small surface mounted "thingy" (Small silver rectangle). It had come loose on one side. Small drop of solder and working again.

I'm no mechanic but this was an easy job. best of luck.

[quote author=bcloh link=topic=7117.msg167863#msg167863 date=1236944608]
Hi Folks,
My clock was the same (01 bugeye). Gave up about 6 months ago. Hod enough of been late so said I'd have a look to see if it was something simple. It's an easy job if ya can hold a soldering iron. Pop out the clock and take it apart. It shi# simple. You will find a small circuit board at the back of the clock. Just be careful as there are some plastic clips that need to be persuaded to let go. Look for cracked solder joints. My was a small surface mounted "thingy" (Small silver rectangle). It had come loose on one side. Small drop of solder and working again.

I'm no mechanic but this was an easy job. best of luck.
[/quote]

Good stuff. 1st post & already helping out fellow members. Have some karma for that :thumbsup:

Make your way over to the "introduce yourself" section & throw up a post, and stick up some pics too, we love pics around here :thumbsup:

Back